Solna, Sweden, 2017-May-11 — /EPR Retail News/ — ICA Gruppen presents its sustainability report for the first quarter 2017. This is a quarterly report about ICA Gruppen’s work on issues relating to sustainability. The report show developments during the year and covers all companies within ICA Gruppen.
“ICA Gruppen aims to be a leader in sustainability. For the past several years we have been working actively and in a structured manner with continuous change in all steps of the value chain. The end goal is to influence producers and consumers in a more sustainable direction and to conduct our own operations in a climate-smart manner,” comments Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
Read more about the following and other news in the sustainability report:
- ICA Gruppen’s greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 36% (24%) during the period April 2016–March 2017 (rolling 12 months) compared with the base year 2006.
- Continued sales growth for the eco-labelled, organic and ethically labelled range. In total, sales of organic products from ICA Sweden’s central assortment grew 8% (18%) during the period April 2016–March 2017 (rolling 12 months) compared with the corresponding period a year ago.
- “Välj med Hjärtat” label rolled out at all pharmacies. The label (“Choose with your Heart”) has been developed to help customers make environmentally sustainable choices of both over-the-counter medicines and traded goods.
- Partnership for reduced food waste. To reduce food waste at stores, during the quarter ICA Sweden began working with the organisation Food- 2change.
- Hemtex on the list of the ten brands that buy the most Better Cotton in relation to their total use of cotton.
- In mid-December 2016, the cooperation between ICA Sweden and the Federation of Swedish Farmers (LRF) was extended. The purpose of the cooperation is to broaden the offering of Swedish products in stores, increase sales of Swedish foods, and contribute to the development and growth of Sweden’s rural areas.
SOURCE: ICA Gruppen
For more information:
ICA Gruppen press service
Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52