New cheese stuffed crust pizzas, wing sauces, and indulgent gelatos aim to make eating occasions more festive and flavorful
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn, 2017-May-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — The Culinary Circle® brand today (May 16, 2017) announced that it is adding eight new items to its lineup to meet consumer demand for premium artisan products, inspired by today’s food and flavor trends. The new items include:
- Two new cheese stuffed crust pizzas with popular topping combinations: pepperoni and three meat. The new Culinary Circlepizzas feature a mozzarella-filled crust and a hefty amount of premium toppings, perfect for kids or entertaining. The Culinary Circle pizza line includes 28 different pizzas in a variety of styles, flavors and crust types — from thin and flatbread to self-rising, multigrain, biscuit and the new cheese stuffed.
- Three new wing sauces in palate-pleasing flavors. These flexible finishing sauces are perfect for pairing with chicken tenders, shrimp, or even sautéed beef or pork cubes for a simple, quick and tasty appetizer.
- Bold & Peppery features a punch of vinegar and cayenne peppers with savory tomato and molasses
- Parmesan Garlic combines Italian seasonings with robust Parmesan cheese and garlic for a rich, creamy sauce
- Asian brings together a blend of chili peppers with honey, rice wine and sesame for a sweet and spicy flavor
- Three delectable new gelatos for consumers who want to upgrade their indulgences: Caramel Cookie Crunch, Mint Fudge and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The new Culinary Circle gelatos feature on-trend flavors while offering a decadent, but lower-in-fat alternative to ice cream.
“Consumers are still making time to indulge and enjoy the foods they love, including pizzas, snacks and desserts, even though they are striving to eat better,” said Bekah Swan, Vice President of Private Brands at SUPERVALU. “The Culinary Circle brand seeks to address consumer demand for new, premium products that offer quality ingredients and unique flavors at an affordable price. As a brand committed to helping consumers elevate every eating occasion, we’re excited to be bringing these new additions to the grocery aisle.”
Did you know?
Please pass the pizza: It’s estimated that Americans eat an average of 46 slices (23 pounds) of pizza each year. (Source: Packaged Facts) Pepperoni is the favorite pizza topping, followed by sausage, mushroom and cheese/plain. (Source: Harris poll, FoxNews.com, 2016)
Going for global flavors: There’s a distinct international influence on menus today. According to Mintel, Asian cuisine increased 6 percent in menu incidence in the last several years.
“I scream” for gelato: Demand for gelato is booming. Sales of gelato increased 32 percent in 2016. (Mintel, Food Business News, 2016)
Culinary Circle products are available at SUPERVALU retail banners, including CUB®, FARM FRESH FOOD & PHARMACY™, HORNBACHER’S®, SHOP ‘N SAVE® and SHOPPERS FOOD & PHARMACY®, as well as independent local grocery retailers nationwide. For further information and to find a local retailer carrying Culinary Circle products, visit www.culinarycircle.com or connect on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheCulinaryCircle.
Editor’s note: Images of individual products mentioned in this release available upon request.
About Culinary Circle®
Launched in 2008, the Culinary Circle® brand is part of the SUPERVALU family of brands. With more than 200 premium items to choose from, Culinary Circle helps consumers elevate everything they make into a delicious success. The brand’s expansive array of inspiring foods is carefully curated to please sophisticated palates and make every eating occasion more festive and flavorful.
About SUPERVALU INC.
SUPERVALU INC. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $12 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of 2,363 stores including 1,902 stores operated by wholesale customers serviced primarily by the Company’s food distribution business and 217 traditional retail grocery stores operated under five retail banners in six geographic regions (store counts as of February 25, 2017). Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has approximately 29,000 employees. For more information about SUPERVALU, visit www.supervalu.com.
Source: SUPERVALU INC.