London, 2017-May-31 — /EPR Retail News/ — We are proud to announce the winners of the 2017 British Land Awards for Excellence, recognising individuals and teams in our supply chain who go above and beyond to deliver our sustainability strategy and create Places People Prefer.
We received almost 170 nominations for our 14th annual Awards for Excellence from colleagues, suppliers and occupiers across our portfolio, reflecting how many people in our supply chain go the extra mile to make a positive difference. The 11 awards will be presented to the winners at a ceremony in London on 27 June 2017.
Lucinda Bell, Chief Financial Officer at British Land: “People are at the heart of our vision to create Places People Prefer – the people who promote wellbeing at our places, who connect with our local communities, design our buildings for a changing world and grow local skills and opportunities. Through our Awards for Excellence, we are delighted to celebrate the placemakers in our supply chain. A big thank you to all our suppliers and especially this year’s award winners.”
Wellbeing in offices
- Agnieszka Pietal of Principle Cleaning at Paddington Central.
- Aurore Vandenneste of Ultimate Security Services at 7 Clarges.
Wellbeing in retail
- Della Penny, Bob Winston, Andy Clark, Paul Dadds and George Scoles of ABM at Drake Circus.
- Guy Henderson, Centre Manager at SouthGate.
- Incentive FM landscaping team at St Stephen’s.
- Dawn Osborne, Operations Manager at Meadowhall.
- John Donald of Laing O’Rourke at Clarges Mayfair.
- Augustin Defour of Bouygues at The Hempel Collection.
- Peter Parkinson, Operations Manager at SouthGate.
Skills and opportunity
- Sean McCullagh and Peter Tierney of TGM Contractors at Clarges Mayfair.
- Stuart McCulloch of McLaren and Neil Rigby of Hawkspear at New Mersey and Broughton.
Our annual Awards for Excellence winners were selected from a shortlist of our quarterly award winners by a panel of judges from across the business. Read about this year’s quarterly winners below.
Spring Award Winners Shine
03 May 2017
By James Varley, Retail Asset Manager at British Land
Thanks to the People Who Make our Places
01 Mar 2017
By Victoria Brunt, Property Management Executive at British Land
Sustainable Placemaking Superstars
19 Dec 2016
By Matthew Webster, Head of Wellbeing and Futureproofing at British Land
Thanks to our Local Champions
11 Oct 2016
By Joanne Hammond, Community Investment Executive at British Land
Well done to our other quarterly award winners who made the shortlist:
- Alan Barker, Centre Manager at Broughton.
- Andrea Cavanagh of The Source Skills Academy.
- Andrew Stafford, Engineering Manager at 10 Brock Street.
- Annarose Hearsum, Lisa MacGregor and Nicola Sinden at Whiteley.
- Chris Skelton and the property services team at Meadowhall.
- Colin Kemp of Westgrove at Giltbrook.
- Dulce Franco of Portico at York House.
- Gail Sutton, Centre Manager at Giltbrook.
- Hammad Gilani of Mitie Security at Ealing Broadway.
- Jack Petrie of Sainsbury’s at Eden Walk.
- James Mead of Alive ITC across our retail portfolio.
- Jason Cumbicus of Principle Cleaning at Marble Arch House and York House.
- Joe Merrigan and Ronan Campbell of the security team at Lisnagelvin.
- Lee Stone and the JP Conry Cleaning Services team at Brock Street.
- Mark Collins of Broadgate Estates.
- Martyn Evans of M3 Consulting at 100 Liverpool Street.
- Melanie de Andrades at Glasgow Fort.
- Melissa Alexandrou at 2 Kingdom Street.
- Mick Redmond at 350 Euston Road.
- Mike Paris and Rob Colman of ABM at Whiteley.
- Muhammad (Mo) Faheem of Incentive Lynx Security at Ebury Gate.
- Neil Reid of ABM at Fort Kinnaird.
- Noemi Szolcsanyi of Portico at Regent’s Place.
- Olajide (Ade) Adegboyega of Incentive Lynx Security at The Leadenhall Building.
- Operations team at SouthGate..
- Peter Skerry of Westgrove at New Mersey.
- Philip Kanyamahane of Incentive Lynx Security at Paddington Central.
- Rosie Glenn of Rosie Glenn Fine Art.
- Ross Tredget, Andy Groarke and Lewis Kinneir of Carmody Groarke at Paddington Central.
- Steve Goddard, Deputy Centre Manager at Beaumont.
Notes to Editors
About British Land
Our portfolio of high quality UK commercial property is focused on Retail around the UK and London Offices. We own or manage a portfolio valued at £19.1 billion (British Land share: £13.9 billion) as at 31 March 2017 making us one of Europe’s largest listed real estate investment companies.
Our strategy is to provide places which meet the needs of our customers and respond to changing lifestyles – Places People Prefer. We do this by creating great environments both inside and outside our buildings and use our scale and placemaking skills to enhance and enliven them. This expands their appeal to a broader range of occupiers, creating enduring demand and driving sustainable, long term performance.
Our Retail portfolio is focused on Regional and Local multi-let centres, and accounts for 48% of our portfolio. Our Offices portfolio comprises three office-led campuses in central London as well as high quality standalone buildings and accounts for 49% of our portfolio. Increasingly our focus is on providing a mix of uses and this is most evident at Canada Water, our 46 acre redevelopment opportunity where we have plans to create a new neighbourhood for London.
Sustainability is embedded throughout our business. Our places, which are designed to meet high sustainability standards, become part of local communities, provide opportunities for skills development and employment and promote wellbeing. Our industry-leading sustainability performance led to British Land being named a European Sector Leader in the 2016 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark for the third year running.
In April 2016 British Land received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development, the UK’s highest accolade for business success for economic, social and environmental benefits achievements over a period of five years.
Further details can be found on the British Land website at www.britishland.com
020 7467 2838
Source: British Land