- From Executive Producers Ben Silverman, Howard T. Owens, Gale Anne Hurd, Brett-Patrick Jenkins, Glen Morgan, Jon Halperin and Mark Mannucci, the anthology series is based on the award-winning, critically acclaimed podcast from Aaron Mahnke
- Series features Robert Patrick, Adam Goldberg, Kristin Bauer, Holland Roden, Colm Feore and Campbell Scott
SEATTLE, 2017-Aug-30 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon announced today (Aug. 29, 2017) the Amazon Original Series Lore will premiere on Friday, October 13 on Prime Video. Based on the popular podcast of the same name, which has an average of five million monthly listens, the anthology series presents the frightening and often disturbing tales based on real people and events that have led to our modern-day myths and legends. All six episodes of the series, from Executive Producers Ben Silverman (The Office), Howard T. Owens (The Biggest Loser), Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead), Brett-Patrick Jenkins (Face Off), Glen Morgan (X-Files), Jon Halperin and Mark Mannucci (A Year in Space), will be available to Prime members globally on October 13.
Lore, featuring Robert Patrick (Terminator 2: Judgment Day), Kristin Bauer van Straten (True Blood), Adam Goldberg (Fargo) Holland Roden(Teen Wolf), Colm Feore (House of Cards) and Campbell Scott (The Amazing Spider-Man), combines documentary footage, narration, historical mixed media and cinematic scenes to bring to life terrifying, but true stories. Celebrating the origins of the horror genre, Lore explores the real-life tales behind pop culture’s most legendary horror myths, such as vampires, changelings, werewolves, séances and possessed dolls.
Launched in March 2015 by Aaron Mahnke, the podcast Lore has generated a massive audience, was named “Best of” in 2015 and 2016 by Apple, and was listed as one of the “15 podcasts you need to hear in 2016” by Entertainment Weekly. The first book in Mahnke’s three-book series, The World of Lore, will be published on October 10 by Del Rey Books.
“Lore is a unique hybrid series that presents meticulously-researched true life tales through a variety of mediums, in order to surprise and delight, and even unsettle,” said Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals. “We are thrilled to once again provide Prime members unprecedented access into a world they thought they knew.”
Lore will feature fan-favorite episodes from the podcast, including the tale of a boy given a doll that seems to have a sinister life of its own; a family whose home appears to be inhabited by a spirit from the other side; and a German village that hunts for a murderous creature.
Lore is produced by Propagate Content and Valhalla Entertainment. Mahnke is Co-Executive Producer.
Prime members will be able to stream the series exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/lore Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike – the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Valhalla Entertainment
Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment has an overall deal with Universal Cable Productions to develop new television and digital programs. Their current slate includes the upcoming 8th season of AMC’s The Walking Dead, which reigns as the most watched drama series in the coveted 18-49 demographic, as well as its companion series, Fear the Walking Dead, which received a two season order prior to its debut in 2015 and set a new ratings record for a cable premiere with 13.3 million viewers. In addition, Hurd serves as a Consulting Producer on Talking Dead, which is the second highest rated basic cable show on Sunday nights, behind only The Walking Dead. USA Network’s drama series, Falling Water, was renewed for a second season and is also distributed internationally by Amazon. Valhalla’s newest series for Bravo, All That Glitters, will follow the friendship and rivalry of renowned magazine editors Anna Wintour and Tina Brown as they rose to prominence during the 80s and 90s. With 70 hours of television airing in 2017 alone, Valhalla Entertainment remains a constant staple in the industry.
One of the world’s fastest-growing independent content creation companies, Propagate’s portfolio includes Apple’s first original series, “Planet of the Apps” featuring Gwyneth Paltrow, will.i.am, Jessica Alba and Gary Vaynerchuk, and Twitter’s first entertainment series, “#WhatsHappening,” featuring successful podcast comedian Phoebe Robinson. Other projects include “Lore” for Amazon, based on the hit podcast and co-produced with Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment; “Chris Webber’s Full Court Pranks” for TruTV; “The High Court” forComedy Central featuring comedian Doug Benson; “Unprotected” for Oxygen; “My Partner Knows Best” for Lifetime; “Evil Genius” for HISTORY; “My So-Called Simple Life” for FYI; and “Animal ER” for National Geographic Wild. Scripted projects include “Charmed,” “In the Country We Love,” “Jumpmen,” and “Exhibit A,” all for CBS; “Let’s Stay Together” for ABC; and “Red Team” for Amazon.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.