One of FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® Now Accepting Applications
RICHMOND, Va., 2016-Mar-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, is recruiting for more than 1,600 positions in locations across the country. The majority of open positions are in sales, with additional positions in service (detailers, experienced technicians), purchasing and the business office. Positions range from full and part-time positions, with day and evening shifts available. CarMax was also recently named one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, the twelfth year in a row.
“CarMax is committed to hiring people who are passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience,” said Bill Nash, president of CarMax. “Our associates’ dedication and drive to not only support the customer, but each other, is what makesCarMax a great place to work.”
Some of the areas with a large number of job openings include: Washington, D.C. andBaltimore, MD area; Southern Florida area; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX;Sacramento, CA and Denver, CO.
In addition, at the home office in Richmond, VA, CarMax is hiring for 50 digital and technology positions. Open technology and digital positions include a range of roles such as application architects, UX designers, security analysts and software developers. They will be charged with using innovative technology to enhance the e-commerce capabilities that CarMax offers customers.
“You don’t necessarily need to have experience in the automotive industry to work at CarMax,” said Tracey Shoemaker, director of talent acquisition for CarMax. “We focus on hiring people with high integrity and provide award-winning training and development to help our associates build great careers.”
Why Work at CarMax?
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth, and is one of Training Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America (nine years in a row).
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment, and associates receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
- CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® (12 years in a row), 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and 20 Best Workplaces in Retail.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at jobs.carmax.com.
- To see videos with first-hand accounts from CarMax associates, visit youtube.com/carmax.
- While technicians require previous automotive experience, most other positions do not.
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 12 consecutive years, is the nation’s largest retailer of used vehicles. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, CarMax currently operates 158 superstores in 78 markets. The CarMax consumer offer features low, no-haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used vehicles, and superior customer service. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2015, the company retailed 582,282 used cars and sold 376,186 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com
Source: CarMax, Inc.
Beth Singer, CarMax Public Relations
Twitter: @CarMax, Facebook: facebook.com/CarMax