The Most Versatile Piece in a Closet
Grand Rapids, MI, US, 2014-1-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — No age limit or season restrictions – that’s denim. What piece in a wardrobe can be worn for work, play or party? Denim. What makes the cut each time a closet is changed over? Denim. The most versatile pieces in a closet are of the well-liked and always fashionable denim.
Jeans are by far the most popular denim item. While the core material remains the same, design, detailing and fabric finishes keep jeans updated and fresh.
Meijer’s Style Team shares what to look for in the denim category this winter and spring:
- New curvy fit offers a bit more room in the hip and thigh areas
- Waistlines are moving up a bit with more mid-rise styles
- Compressed stitching, embroidery, studs and bling add detailing to pockets
- Blue remains dominant, but darker shades are most appropriate for a dressier, cleaner look
- Destruction detailing and lighter washes are important for the Junior customer
- Comfort is key with women’s stretch denim
- Pair with crop tops and T-shirts for play; blazers and vests for work; and sweaters and blouses for parties
- Not just long jeans: There will be plenty of Capri length, shorts of Bermuda, mid-thigh and shorter styles, vests, and jackets
- Belting adds additional interest to all styles
Meijer offers a large selection of fashionable denim pieces for every member of the family at affordable prices. For additional advice on in-trend fashions and other ideas from the Meijer Style Team, please visit www.MeijerStyle.com.
Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 204 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. As the inventor of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer stores have evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive electronics departments, garden centers and apparel offerings. For more information on Meijer and the ability to shop for more, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/meijer and @twitter.com/meijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
Contact: Chris Morrisroe, 248-666-3897, firstname.lastname@example.org