- Designed especially for university and college students, Amazon Student members can take advantage of six months of Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items
- New program offers special discounts and promotions on school and residence essentials including electronics, household products, school supplies and more
SEATTLE, 2014-7-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — Today, Amazon.ca introduced Amazon Student. Amazon Student is a program created for university and college students, where anyone currently enrolled can get Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items with Amazon Prime. Amazon Student members receive the first six months free, and after that their annual cost of Prime is $39 a year—half the price of a regular Prime membership. Additionally, Amazon Student members have access to offers and promotions designed especially for students.
“We want students to feel empowered by offering a program that makes going off to university and preparing for the upcoming semester easy and affordable — where students can get fast, free shipping and have everything they need delivered directly to their doorstep,” said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. “Amazon Student saves time and money and makes it convenient for university students to find deals on room essentials and campus must-haves like electronics, small kitchen appliances and more. Plus, students can find a wide variety of textbooks – all at Amazon.ca.”
Amazon Student members can take advantage of benefits, including:
- Six months of Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items with Amazon Prime. After that, Prime benefits are $39 a year for Amazon Student members—half the price of a regular Amazon Prime membership.
- Access to Amazon Student exclusive offers on a wide selection of items including electronics from brands like Acer, video games and consoles from brands like Sony and Ouya; school supplies and organizers from 3M; software from Rosetta Stone; dry grocery items including breakfast bars, snack food, coffees and teas; beauty supplies and health and personal care products; home products from Hoover and Dirt Devil; and more.
- With Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items, students don’t have to worry about finding a ride off campus to get their school supplies. Students can order everything from the comfort of home and have items shipped directly to their doorstep.
In addition to the new Amazon Student program, university students can save up to 90% on used textbooks and 35% on new textbooks in the Amazon.ca Textbooks store (www.amazon.ca/textbooks).
To learn more about the new program, visit www.amazon.ca/student.
Amazon opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by three principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.