RICHMOND, Virginia, 2014-7-17 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has officially opened its second store in Ft. Worth. Located at 4700 River Ranch Blvd., this is CarMax’s sixteenth store in Texas. The Southwest Ft. Worth store is more than 20,000-square-feet, occupies more than 11 acres, employs nearly 70 associates and stocks approximately 250 used vehicles of almost every make and model.
In celebration of the new store, the company is hosting an online “CarMax Rally for Charity” contest, which launched July 10 on the CarMax Facebook page. CarMax is donating a total of $5,000 to three local nonprofits who are competing for votes. The organizations, selected for their impact on the community, are The Ronald McDonald House of Ft. Worth, Make-A-Wish North Texas, and Alliance for Children.
“We are thrilled to open another store in the Ft. Worth area and give back to the community as part of our celebration,” said Eric Scott, location general manager of the Southwest Ft. Worth CarMax. “We love what the charities participating in our Rally for Charity are doing for local families.”
Until July 23, individuals can visit the CarMax Facebook page to cast their vote for one of the charities. Individuals may vote once per day for the duration of the contest. Each charity will receive a donation of $1,000 for participating. The charity that receives the most votes will receive an additional $2,000 donation and be announced on the CarMax Facebook page.
CarMax opened its first store in Richmond, Virginia 20 years ago after the company surveyed thousands of consumers to find out what they liked and disliked about car shopping. CarMax was designed according to the survey responses, giving consumers what they asked for:
- No hassles, no haggling on all four parts of the car purchase:
- The price of the vehicle, which is posted clearly on the car and on carmax.com
- An optional extended service plan, so consumers can choose to purchase the plan that’s right for them
- Financing, with all options displayed on a computer for the consumer to review
- The “trade-in,” a written offer good for seven days whether or not the customer buys a car from CarMax
- Nearly every make and model (both domestic and imported used vehicles)
- Used vehicles that are generally one to six years old with fewer than 60,000 miles
- More than 35,000 vehicles online at carmax.com
- Transfer most used cars to the store nearest you (fee may apply)
Commitment to Quality
- CarMax Quality Certified means selecting the best cars to renew and protect by:
- Careful evaluation – only one in three cars we evaluate has the quality necessary to become a CarMax car
- Investing time and money so you don’t have to – every CarMax used car undergoes a rigorous 125+ point inspection
- Providing a 30-Day Limited Warranty and 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Ft. Worth, Texas residents also can preview CarMax vehicles by logging ontohttp://www.carmax.com/. The website features actual prices and photos of thousands of CarMax vehicles available nationwide. Prospective car buyers can have most used vehicle transferred from any CarMax location to the Southwest Ft. Worth store or the other Texas locations (fee may apply).
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 10 consecutive years, is the nation’s largest retailer of used vehicles. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, CarMax currently operates 137 superstores in 68 markets. The CarMax consumer offer features low, no-haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used vehicles, and superior customer service. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2014, the company retailed 526,929 used cars and sold 342,576 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at http://www.carmax.com/.
Michelle Ellwood, Public Relations, (804) 747-0422 ext. 4139