Series featuring popular YouTube stars will provide décor tips, advice, and solutions for college living
MINNEAPOLIS, 2014-7-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) announced today that it is teaming up with four YouTube stars and Veronica Valencia, founder of Design Hunter L.A., on a YouTube video series called the “Best Year Ever.” A marriage of reality TV and design challenge, the series will provide tips and tricks that college students can use while designing their own dorm or off-campus spaces. YouTube stars Todrick Hall, Mikey Bolts, Tiffany Garcia and Ann Le will each host a four-episode series that follows a real college student as they prepare for campus living. Veronica Valencia will make over each room and provide design solutions. The series will debut throughout July and August on each YouTube star’s page and on Target’s YouTube channel.
“Target caters to college students who are creating and designing their own space for the first time,” said Rick Gomez, senior vice president, Marketing, Target. “We have the right products at great prices, and our video series is full of entertaining inspiration and ideas for stylish, small-space living.”
Back-to-College Products & Trends
Whether moving into a dorm or first apartment, Target offers everything that students need to stay organized, maximize their budget and create a space that reflects their personal style. Target provides the products that college students want and need, including bedding, desks and bookshelves, must-have electronics and kitchen utensils. Target’s owned brands, such as Room Essentials and Xhilaration, offer on-trend colors and designs to maximize small-space living.Top trends for this back-to-college season include:
- Folding bookcases and desks that to make it easy for students to pack up and go.
- Stylish décor accessories, like pinnable cork letter boards and multi-functional memo boards (with dry erase, storage and magnets).
- Elevated lighting accents, like vintage-inspired marquee lights and table lamp shades with punch patterns and cork materials.
- Gray as the new basic color in bedding and bath products.
Must-have products include:
- Room Essentials Hexagon Chair, $39.99
- Room Essentials Arrow Marquee Lights, $9.99 each
- Xhilaration Faux Fur Pillow, $19.99
- FitBit Flex in Violet (exclusive to Target), $99.99
- Crosley Custom 24” 1080p LED Retro-Style Television (exclusive to Target), $229.99
New Back-to-College Tools
This year, Target is offering several new tools that can help college students prepare for the year ahead: a college registry service, Target Subscriptions and a back-to-college catalog that’s shoppable with Target’s new In a Snap app.
Target will make it easy for students to shop the products in its back-to-college catalog with a new image-recognition app called In a Snap. The iPhone app enables students and families to quickly scan, select and purchase items featured in the catalog with just a few clicks. In a Snap can be downloaded for free in the Apple App Store.
To make it easy and convenient for college-bound students to create a list of everything they need for school, Target introduced a College Registry at Target.com/collegeregistry earlier this summer. The digital tool enables students to share their list with family and friends and will be available on the iPhone and Android Target applications later this year. Since the registry launched in June, the most popular registry items have been the Room Essentials Twin XL Mattress Pad, Quirky Cargo Shower Caddy and Joy Mangano 34-piece Huggable Hanger Combo Pack.
Also new this year, families can use Target Subscriptions as a modern day twist on the college care package. Guests can order everyday essentials from Target.com and have them delivered on a recurring schedule to the student’s dorm or apartment. Target Subscriptions include more than 3,000 products. The service is free and guests who take advantage of Target Subscriptions will receive five percent off all purchases and free shipping for subscription orders.
More Ways to Save
Students and families can be confident in the unbeatable prices Target offers on all back-to-college needs, including savings through Cartwheel, REDcard Rewards, and Price Match.
- Cartwheel: Students and families can use Target’s popular digital savings app to choose from hundreds of in-store offers.
- REDcard Rewards: REDcard holders will receive five percent off nearly all purchases at Target stores and Target.com, free shipping every day at Target.com and 30 extra days for returns.
- Price Match Policy: Students can ensure they are getting the best deals with one simple, easy-to-use Price Match Policy that includes matching prices from top online retailers year-round, including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Toysrus.com (including Babiesrus.com).
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,916 stores – 1,789 in the United States and 127 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.