New Store Marks Fifth Whole Foods Market in Toronto Area
Chicago, 2014-7-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq: WFM), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket, opens its new 45,000 square foot store located at 4771 Yonge Street in Toronto on Tuesday, September 23, 2014. The much-anticipated store will provide residents in and around Toronto’s North York community with fresh, high quality foods in a convenient and contemporary setting.
“At Whole Foods Market, we have a deep passion for fresh, flavourful natural and organic foods and we are elated to open a store for the North York community,” says Whole Foods Market Sheppard and Yonge Store Team Leader, Christine VanHumbeck, “Whether looking for high-quality meats and poultry or everyday pantry staples, residents from the health conscious to devote food enthusiasts will find what they’re looking for. We strongly believe in food in its purest state – free of artificial flavours, sweeteners, preservatives, colourings and trans fat – is the best tasting and most nutritious food available.”
The opening ceremony begins with the traditional bread-breaking at 8:45 am followed by food samplings, giveaways, music and more.
On the Shelves and In the Aisles
The store is designed to feel like a gathering of “boutiques within a store,” offering customers an intimate and inviting shopping experience. Featuring restaurant-quality prepared foods and the convenience of one-stop shopping, the store features a number of unique and enticing elements chosen specifically with the community in mind. Highlights include:
· Restaurant and Grill: Stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner for some hot, delicious meals.
· 5-Step Rated Meat: By adopting Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating, we provide shoppers with a new level of transparency about how farm animals are raised.
· Seafood from Sustainable Sources: We closely monitor the status of any seafood species sold in our stores to ensure we’re supporting healthy marine ecosystems.
· Stir-Fry Station: Select favourite veggies and protein to build your own stir-fry.
· Freshly Made Sushi: A variety of specialty rolls, including those made with brown or whole grain rice made in-house by experts.
· Salad and Hot Bars: Choose from freshly prepared salads, build-your-own salad fixings and hot entrees from around the world. Everything is priced by weight, so mix and match!
· Panini and Pizza Venues: Choose from a variety of delicious pizza and Panini sandwiches.
· Health Starts Here (HSH) Program: Providing tools and education to help shoppers make healthier choices, including an assortment of specially crafted Health Starts Here dishes for your convenience on the hot and cold food bars.
· Bulk Department: Dried back-to-basics pantry items to meet all your cooking needs. Discover new ways to use staples in your culinary adventures.
· Diverse Foods from Around the Globe: A variety of foods to meet diverse cultural and dietary needs.
· Grab and Go Pastries: Enjoy a wide variety of freshly-baked pastries including croissants, muffins, cookies, soft pretzels and more.
· Homemade Gelato Bar: A wide range of fresh and delicious, house-made gelato and sorbets.
· Catering Service: Our experienced catering department will help you build a menu filled with your choice of fresh, delicious, all-natural foods.
· Customized Gift Baskets: Available year round, they’re the perfect gift for any occasion.
Also featured at this location:
· More than 200 varieties of seasonal, organic and local produce, with a variety of hard-to-find items.
· More than 200 varieties of natural, organic and local cheeses.
· More than 50 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish, all harvested using sustainable practices.
· A large variety of custom-cut meats from in-house butchers.
· A robust and exciting selection of olives, artisanal butters and cheeses.
· A vast array of vegetarian and vegan choices.
· A large selection of luxurious natural body care items and cosmetics including bulk soaps.
· Advanced nutritional supplements and vitamins made of only natural ingredients.
· A beautiful selection of Whole Trade fresh-cut flowers and plants.
· Essential grocery staples, including Whole Foods Market’s own 365 Everyday Value® signature line of products offering the same high standards for taste and quality at everyday low prices.
The new store will also have great access to the subway line, easy walk-in access from the street and dedicated underground customer parking. Parking is validated for 90 minutes with any purchase in the store.
Whole Foods Market has four other locations in the Toronto area: 3997 Hwy No. 7 in Markham, 155 Square One Drive in Mississauga, 301 Cornwall Road in Oakville and 87 Avenue Road in Toronto.