Guests will find new, on-trend and exclusive products at unbeatable prices
MISSISSAUGA, 2014-7-28 — /EPR Retail News/ — From the latest fashions to school supplies, Target is the destination for back to school must-haves at unbeatable prices. Based on a survey commissioned by Target, 51% of Canadian moms describe back-to-school shopping as expensive and stressful. This year, Target is making it easier than ever for Canadian families to transform their back-to-school shopping into a fun and stress-free experience, both for parents and their wallets.
“Target understands that back-to-school is a busy period for parents,” said Livia Zufferli, vice president, marketing, Target Canada. “We did our homework when planning our assortment this year. Our product team partnered with students, parents and teachers to update and enhance our products. The simple addition of an extra handle or zippered pocket can make such a difference and distinguishes our assortment from the rest – providing the quality and style guests expect from Target, all at unbeatable prices.”
Going back to school calls for quality school supplies, fun yet durable backpacks, stylish clothes and sturdy lunch boxes – and Target makes it easy for families to find everything on their list at unbeatable prices. Highlights include:
- Kid Made Modern: In response to diminishing art programs in schools, Kid Made Modern applies designer Todd Oldham’s internationally renowned, lighthearted style to kids’ art supplies, making the craft fun and approachable. Only at Target.
- Licensed products: Target offers a broad assortment of licensed items like backpacks and lunch boxes, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Hello Kitty and Superman.
- On-trend clothing and accessories: From graphic tee-shirts to denims and colourful hoodies, Target has everything for a cool look without breaking the bank.
- S Sport Designed by Skechers: Only at Target, this new brand of casual athletic shoes from Skechers offers style and comfort at incredible value.
- Target REDCard: To make back-to-school shopping more affordable, guests who shop with their Target REDCard will receive 5 per cent off their entire purchase as part of the ongoing REDCard rewards program.
To make back-to-school shopping easier, Target has created a microsite where guests can view and download the catalogue as well as coupons for additional savings. The microsite is available at:www.target.ca/backtoschool. And in stores, guests will notice bright signage to easily locate the different departments as well as the back-to-school shop located at the back of the store.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,922 stores – 1,795 in the United States and 127 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
Target Public Relations