Company Celebrates with Community Donations
RICHMOND, Virginia, 2014-8-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, officially opened its first store in Lynchburg, Virginia located at 507 Simons Run. The store is more than 8,000-square-feet, occupies more than 5 acres and stocks approximately 120 used vehicles.
In celebration of the Lynchburg store opening, CarMax is donating $2,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Virginia. The nonprofit was selected for its positive impact on children in the local community.
“We are excited about building relationships with these great community partners as we introduce the unique CarMax experience to the Lynchburg area,” said Tom McDonough, location general manager of the Lynchburg CarMax. “Customers will experience a transparent, hassle-free process as they find their perfect vehicle.”
The CarMax Foundation also announced a $5,000 grant to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lynchburg BE GREAT Graduate Program. This grant came at the recommendation of local CarMax associates. The CarMax Foundation has granted more than $20 million on behalf of associates across the country since 2003.
CarMax opened its first store in Richmond, Virginia 20 years ago after the company
surveyed thousands of consumers to find out what they liked and disliked about car shopping. CarMax was designed according to the survey responses, giving consumers what they asked for:
- No hassles, no haggling on all four parts of the car purchase:
- The price of the vehicle, which is posted clearly on the car and on carmax.com
- An optional extended service plan, so consumers can choose to purchase the plan that’s right for them
- Financing, with all options displayed on a computer for the consumer to review
- The “trade-in,” a written offer good for seven days whether or not the customer buys a car from CarMax
- Nearly every make and model (both domestic and imported used vehicles)
- Used vehicles that are generally one to six years old with fewer than 60,000 miles
- More than 35,000 vehicles online at carmax.com
- Transfer most used cars to the store nearest you (fee may apply)
Commitment to Quality
- CarMax Quality Certified means selecting the best cars to renew and protect by:
- Careful evaluation – only one in three cars we evaluate has the quality necessary to become a CarMax car
- Investing time and money so you don’t have to – every CarMax used car undergoes a rigorous 125+ point inspection
- Providing a 30-Day Limited Warranty and 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Lynchburg, Virginia residents also can preview CarMax vehicles by logging onto www.carmax.com. The website features actual prices and photos of thousands of CarMax vehicles available nationwide. Prospective car buyers can have a used vehicle transferred from any CarMax location to the Lynchburg store (fee may apply).
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 10 consecutive years, is the nation’s largest retailer of used vehicles. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, CarMax currently operates 138 superstores in 69 markets. The CarMax consumer offer features low, no-haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used vehicles, and superior customer service. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2014, the company retailed 526,929 used cars and sold 342,576 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
Michelle Ellwood, CarMax Public Relations, (804) 747-0422 ext. 4139
Twitter: @CarMax, Facebook: facebook.com/CarMax