Customers to Enjoy Curated Shopping, Inspired Gifting and Savings Every Day, All Season Long, From the Comfort of Home
West Chester, PA, 2014-11-5— /EPR Retail News/ — QVC, the global leader in video and ecommerce retail, is adding more joy to the 2014 holiday season by offering gift items and ideas based on the hottest trends, as well as inspiration, advice and tips to decorate, cook and entertain all season long.
From must-have gifts in today’s hot categories like personal technology to gift ideas for those hard-to-shop-for people, QVC is the source for gift inspiration throughout the season. Additionally, QVC will offer ideas to add a personal touch to the holidays on air, online and on social channels through tips, videos, DIY projects and how-tos. Across all our channels, QVC will share recipes, homemade decorating ideas and other crafts from hosts and its community.
“At QVC, we offer a shopping experience that differs from the usual craziness of the holiday, and this year we’re offering even more ways to truly enjoy the season of giving and sharing,” said Doug Rose, senior vice president of marketing and programming. “The entire QVC community, including hosts, expert guests and customers, has great ideas for celebrating a joyous holiday season, so we’ve leveraged our digital and social channels and created new tools, like the QVC Holiday Guide, to offer more opportunities to share gifts and entertainment ideas and to find inspiration.”
To make holiday preparation, entertainment and family activities even more creative and hassle-free, QVC will be premiering exclusive holiday programming, and hosts will be sharing inspiration on QVC digital platforms with insights, tips and curated gift collections:
- Ellen DeGeneres launched E.D. On Air, a new seasonal home collection created especially for QVC, just in time for the holiday gift-giving season. E.D. On Air brings together DeGeneres’ love of design, home decor and the holiday season across multiple product categories, including holiday trim, a selection of holiday tabletop items, throws, scented candles and other decorative accents and gift ideas.
- David Venable of In the Kitchen with David® will give foodies more to love with new recipe ideas to add excitement to any Thanksgiving spread or provide inspiration for this year’s holiday cookie exchange.
- Jill Bauer of You’re Home with Jill® will lead viewers through tips, how-tos and DIY ideas to spruce up the home, gift wrap with ease, and even throw a last-minute cocktail party.
Throughout November, QVC customers can take advantage of ‘Better Than Black Friday’ preview shopping events on air to find the hottest holiday gifts at great prices and special offers, including great values from our daily deal, the Today’s Special Value® item. Tune in or log on to QVC.com and the QVC apps for special offers all month long.
- Beginning November 24, ‘Better Than Black Friday Week’ will feature special on-air offers.
- During the 24-hour ‘A Host of Gift Favorites’ special on Wednesday, November 26, QVC program hosts will reveal their top gift selections. Customers can view host recommendations now on QVC.com.
- The main event, ‘Better Than Black Friday,’ begins Thursday, November 27 at 7 p.m. ET and will highlight great holiday buys with special offers on select gifts in every show.
- The offers continue during ‘All the Deals Weekend,’ Saturday, November 29 and Sunday, November 30 and Cyber Monday, December 1.
Every week in November, QVC will publish a fresh Holiday Guide, a digital, interactive guidebook featuring the hottest gift trends, holiday décor, DIY holiday project videos, must-try recipes and meal-planning ideas from QVC program hosts, celebrity chefs and on-air guests
Beyond the Holiday Guide, customers can share helpful gift hints by creating their own Wish Lists on toGather®, QVC’s own social-shopping community where shoppers discover and share items they love. Wish Lists let users build personalized collections of everything they want this holiday season and share the lists with loved ones via their social media channels or email. Starting in December on QVC.com and the QVC for iPad™ app, the digital Advent Calendar will highlight new gift offers and special values every day until Christmas. And right now, customers can use and follow #AlltheJoy to stay up to date on all the holiday fun QVC will offer throughout the season and share their own holiday experiences.
On QVC.com, the ‘Holiday Gifts’ tab makes it simple to discover gifts for everyone on your list with easy-to-navigate collections of the most popular products, including gifts by category to help you find the perfect present for even the hardest-to-shop-for recipients. And, for the ultimate in stress-free shopping, QVC.com Easy Gifts deliver popular presents in beauty, home décor and electronics with less effort–from gift sets and convenient multi-product bundles to ready-to-gift packages.
Still having trouble finding the perfect gift for that special someone? Try a QVC gift card–QVC topped the list among general merchandisers on RSR’s 4th Annual Digital Gifting Benchmarking Study. The study evaluates and analyzes how retailers are, or aren’t, taking advantage of digital gift cards and highlights the retailers that are leaders in digital gifting.
QVC has enhanced its mobile customer experience to make holiday shopping easy and quick with just the touch of a finger using the new Apple Touch ID™ feature on its iPhone® mobile app.
Starting in November, QVC.com will feature a holiday shipping calendar, so shoppers can help ensure their gifts will make it home in time for holiday giving. Throughout the holiday season, QVC has once again extended its return policy; gifts purchased between now and December 23, 2014, may be returned for a full refund–including original shipping and handling–until January 31, 2015.
For more information about QVC’s Holiday Guide, host specials and inspired gift ideas, please visit QVC.com and the QVC apps throughout the holiday season.
# # #
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), is the world’s leading video and ecommerce retailer. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 300 million homes worldwide through operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and a joint venture in China. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has evolved from a TV shopping company to a leading ecommerce and mobile commerce retailer. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.