Cheshunt, England, 2015-5-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — Tesco scooped over 100 medals for its own-label wine at the International Wine Challenge.
Overall the retailer picked up a remarkable 132 gongs including 5 Gold, 21 Silver and 45 Bronze medals. An impressive, 98 per cent of the wines Tesco entered into the awards received a medal.
Jason Tarry, Chief Product Officer at Tesco said, “We are delighted that our wines have proven to be amongst the best in the world. With 98 per cent of the wines we entered into the competition receiving a medal, it’s testament to our belief that offering customers great quality wine at affordable prices is truly a winning combination.”
Amongst the 132 medals, Tesco wines were awarded:
5 Gold Medals:
- Tesco finest* Amontillado
- Tesco finest* Vintage Grand Cru Champagne
- Tesco finest* Dessert Semillon
- Tesco finest* Chablis
- Tesco finest* Sancerre
21 Silver Medals
45 Bronze Medals
61 Commended Medals
Tesco range and Value wines were also winners.
- Bella Cucina Prosecco- Silver Medal
- Tesco Cava Brut- Bronze Medal
- Simply Garnacha- Bronze Medal
- Simply Garnacha Rosé- Bronze Medal
- Simply Soave Classico-Bronze Medal
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 500,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to providing the most compelling offer to our customers.