Tickets Available for $18.99 Adults / $4.99 Kids 12 & Under; Discounted Prices for IKEA FAMILY* Members
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., 2015-8-24— /EPR Retail News/ — IKEA will be hosting its Swedish Crayfish Party – an all-you-can-eat Swedish crayfish buffet – in the restaurants of participating IKEA U.S. stores** on Friday, September 18. A Swedish tradition, the Crayfish Party dates back to the 1800’s when restrictions were placed on crayfish fishing season. August marked the beginning of crayfish season or the “crayfish premier.” To celebrate, families and friends would host late summer parties – congregating in paper hats and colorful crayfish-themed bibs – to enjoy good food and good company.
This season, IKEA is inviting everyone to join in the fun! Tickets are available at your local IKEA store for only $18.99 per person or $4.99 for kids 12 and under (IKEA FAMILY* members eat for $14.99 per person or $2.99 for kids 12 and under), for an all-you-can-eat buffet featuring crayfish, cucumber salad and more.
“Food – and all the activity around it – brings people together,” said Patricia Meumann, IKEA Food Manager. “In Sweden, the Crayfish Party or ‘kräftskiva’ is a loved and celebrated food tradition that brings friends and families together, and we are excited to share this piece of our culture with our customers.”
The IKEA Crayfish Party menu*** includes:
- Tossed green salad
- Cucumber salad
- Hardboiled eggs with mayo and shrimp
- Rhode Island salad with crayfish
- Najad Salmon with Horseradish or Gravad Lax with Mustard Sauce
- Soft bread
- Thin bread
- Assorted Swedish cheeses
- Meatballs with lingonberries
- Mashed potatoes
- Boiled dill new potatoes
- Cookies and assorted desserts
- Coffee, tea, fountain beverages
Seating is limited, so those who are interested are encouraged to purchase tickets early at their local IKEA store. To locate and contact the nearest IKEA store for more details – including local seating times – visit the “Store Locator” page on www.IKEA-USA.com and enter your city/state or zip code.
If you can’t make it to your local store to celebrate, consider hosting your own Swedish Crayfish Party with the following items (available at IKEA):
- KRÄFTOR Frozen crayfish in brine ($18.99): Boiled crayfish in brine with spices. Defrost and serve cold with bread, cheese, various traditional smorgasbord dishes. (Click HERE for tips on how to peel a crayfish).
- KRÄFTSKIVA FESTPAKET Crayfish party pack ($6.49): The most essential crayfish party accessories (for 4 people); crayfish hats, crayfish bibs, crayfish napkins, crayfish garland and songbooks.
- KRÄFTSKIVA LYKTA Lantern for crayfish party ($2.99): A paper lantern with a moon motif for use when having a traditional Swedish crayfish party.
* IKEA FAMILY is a benefits program that offers membership perks including special product discounts, sneak previews, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. Consumers can sign up for the free program online or in-store.
** IKEA Carson will not host a Crayfish Party in 2015.
*** Menu is subject to change due to product availability.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. There are currently more than 360 IKEA stores in 47 countries, including 40 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
Contact: Kathy Boerner