ROCHESTER, NY, 2015-11-10 — /EPR Retail News/ — Ready to win more “wows” for your holiday table, with less time in the kitchen? Then visit any Wegmans Food Market from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday, November 14-15, to taste the flavors of the season – fresh-roasted turkey, succulent stuffing, beautiful side dishes, fresh-baked apple pie, and more. You’ll discover easy ways to make these great tastes your own.
You’ll also learn how to choose, roast, and carve a turkey like a pro; see a solution to the “not enough white meat” problem; and see how to cut prep time so you have more time together with family and friends. It’s all part of Wegmans’ Celebrate Holiday Menu Event, and the Holiday 2015 issue of Wegmans Menu Magazine, which offers these and more ready-to-cook and ready-to-go ideas and recipes.
Entering the store, you’ll sample sparkling juice, pick up an event passport, get some star tattoos for the kids, and enter to win a Holiday Helpers gift bag. It has Wegmans flavor-boosters like finishing butters, Italian Classics balsamic glaze, cranberry orange chutney, and basting oil. Now you’re ready to sample these items all over the store:
- Crab or Lobster Stuffed Mushroom or Peppadews: These ready-to-cook appetizers that guests will love are found in the Seafood department.
- Green Beans with Savory Finishing Sauce: Two ingredients – cleaned and cut green beans and a butter-based aromatic finishing sauce – make this an easy, yummy party starter. Grocery area.
- Honey-Brined Turkey Breast with Home-Style Gravy: Perfect for “white meat only” families, or for those who simply want extra white meat, this turkey has been brined and is ready to pop in the oven. Taste this juicy, flavorful and tender turkey at the Meat department.
- Roast and Carve like a pro. Free demos throughout the day on how to pick the right turkey, roast it, and carve it. Questions welcome. Check the schedule at your store.
- Stuffing and Butternut Squash: Have a taste of the Family Pack Herb Stuffing and Butternut Squash with Spinach and Craisins in Prepared Foods.
- Perfect Pan ‘Roasted’ Mushrooms: See two easy ways to coax rich, deep flavor from a mix of shiitake, baby bella and king oyster mushrooms at the veggie station in Produce.
- Cave-Ripened Crèmeux de Bourgogne: Its silky richness melts in your mouth—both cheese novices and connoisseurs will love this cheese from Burgundy, ripened in the Wegmans Cheese Caves. Try it at the Cheese Shop.
- Apple Pie: Two pounds of 100% New York State Ida Red Apples go into each Wegmans pie for a sweet-tart taste, crunchy texture, and homemade flavor. Enjoy a sample of this dessert in the Bakery.
- Pumpkin Pie Latte: With the sweet, spicy flavor of holiday pumpkin pie, this specialty drink offers a happy pause during the busy holiday season. Have a taste at The Buzz coffee shop!
For even more help to make great holiday meals easy, Wegmans offers fully-cooked turkey dinners and a la carte sides that can be ordered online at catering.wegmans.com; by phone at 1-800-914-GIFT; or in person at the Wegmans catering desk.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is an 88-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family-owned company, founded in 1916, is recognized as an industry leader and innovator. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 18 consecutive years, ranking #7 in 2015. The company also ranked #1 for Corporate Reputation, among the 100 ‘most-visible companies’ nationwide in the 2014 Harris Poll Reputation Quotient ® study.
Contact Information: Jo Natale, Wegmans vice president of media relations, 585-429-3627