AutoZone CEO Elected Board Chairman
Arlington, VA, 2016-Jan-26 — /EPR Retail News/ — The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) announced today that nine top retail executives have been elected to the association’s Board of Directors. In addition, Bill Rhodes, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of AutoZone, Inc., was elected Board Chairman. The election took place during the Board’s semi-annual meeting, held Sunday in Naples, Florida.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as RILA’s chairman and to continue to work with this exceptional group of retail leaders,” said Rhodes. “RILA is a valued partner on which America’s largest and most sophisticated retailers rely to help address the most pressing issues we face.”
Rhodes succeeds Richard Dreiling, chairman of Dollar General Corporation, who was elected to a two year term in 2014.
In addition, nine top executives were elected to the board, including the Chief Executive Officers of JCPenney, Foot Locker, PetSmart, The Home Depot, Michaels, and Dollar General.
In addition, two current board members, Alan Hoskins, Chief Executive Officer, Energizer Holdings, Inc. and Walter Robb, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Whole Foods Market, Inc., were re-elected to two-year terms.
“RILA relies heavily on the leadership and support of our Board of Directors. Their insight into the challenges facing the retail industry is invaluable,” said RILA President Sandy Kennedy.
The 2016 RILA Board of Directors:
- Bill Rhodes, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, AutoZone, Inc. (Chairman)
- Brian Cornell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Target Corporation (Vice Chairman)
- James Myers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Petco Holdings, Inc. (2nd Vice Chairman)
- Eric Wiseman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, VF Corporation (Treasurer)
- Robert Niblock, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (Secretary)
- Mary Dillon, Chief Executive Officer, ULTA Beauty (At-large)
- Alexander Gourlay, President, Walgreen Co., Walgreens Boot Alliance (At-large)
- Hubert Joly, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, Best Buy Co., Inc. (At-large)
- James Dinkins, Chief Retail Sales Officer, The Coca-Cola Company *
- Marvin Ellison, Chief Executive Officer, J.C. Penney Company, Inc.*
- Alan Hoskins, Chief Executive Officer, Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- Joe Jensen, Vice President and General Manager, Retail Solutions Division, Intel Corporation*
- Richard Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Foot Locker, Inc.*
- Stephen Laughlin, Vice President and Global Industry Leader, Retail, IBM Corporation*
- Michael Massey, President and Chief Executive Officer, PetSmart, Inc.*
- Craig Menear, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President, The Home Depot, Inc.*
- Thomas Millner, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cabela’s Inc.
- Michael Polk, President and Chief Executive Officer, Newell Rubbermaid
- Walter Robb, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Whole Foods Market, Inc.
- Carl (Chuck) Rubin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Michaels Companies, Inc.*
- Gregory Sandfort, President and Chief Executive Officer, Tractor Supply Company
- Todd Tillemans, President, Customer Development, Unilever
- Todd Vasos, Chief Executive Officer, Dollar General Corporation*
- Sandra Kennedy, President, Retail Industry Leaders Association
*Denotes Newly Elected Member
RILA is the trade association of the world’s largest and most innovative retail companies. RILA members include more than 200 retailers, product manufacturers, and service suppliers, which together account for more than $1.5 trillion in annual sales, millions of American jobs and more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers domestically and abroad.
SOURCE: Retail Industry Leaders Association
Executive Vice President, Communications and Strategic Initiatives