Launch Coincides with Sears’ First-Ever “Spring It On Black Friday” Event
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., 2016-Apr-07 — /EPR Retail News/ — Just in time for spring, Sears has expanded its “Meet With An Expert” service to the Lawn and Garden department to help shoppers make more informed outdoor equipment purchases. This free service lets online shoppers save time by scheduling in-store appointments with experts who will already know the products they’re interested in and help them find the right lawn and garden equipment for their home’s needs.
Coinciding with the launch, Sears has announced its first-ever “Spring It On Black Friday” event April 22-23, offering deals for the entire home at Black Friday-level pricing.
“From finding the right type of mower to a more powerful trimmer to the perfect-sized shed and more, Meet With An Expert takes the guesswork out of shopping for lawn and garden products,” said Joelle Maher, President and Chief Member Officer for Sears. “Our new ‘Spring It On Black Friday’ sale event is a great time to meet these experts and get incredible deals on everything to get yards in shape for spring – many items at the lowest price we’ve ever offered. Green is the new black!”
Taking a page out of its holiday playbook, Sears will hold a special Member Private Night – opening stores to select Shop Your Way members only, so they can shop the “Spring It On Black Friday” sale five days early on Sun., April 17 from 6-9 p.m. and online at sears.com from 5 p.m. Sun., April 17 to 11:59 p.m. Mon, April 18. Access to the Member Private Night is by invitation only, however members can secure an invitation by clicking a banner on the Sears mobile app.
- Lowest Price Ever – 50% off the Craftsman® 22-HP V-Twin riding mower with 46-in. deck for$1,099.99*; reg. priced at $2,199.99
- Lowest Price Ever – Save $40 on the Craftsman 25cc 2-cycle gas trimmer for only $79.99; reg. priced at $119.99
- Lowest Price of the Season – Craftsman 6.25 Engine Torque Front Wheel Drive Mower for$249.99; reg. priced at $359.99
- Get the Garden Oasis® Harrison 7-pc. dining set for $298; reg. priced at $599.99
- Up to 60% off spring fashions for him, her and kids. Plus an extra 25% off with coupon.
- 50% off select Wolverine work boots; reg. priced at $120-125.
- Save 45% off Kenmore French door bottom-freezer refrigerator for only $1,249.99; reg. priced at $2,299.99
- Save $650 off the NordicTrack A.C.T. elliptical for $649.99; reg. priced at $1,299.99
- Get the Serta Coralee Queen Mattress for $178; reg. priced at $499.99
About Meet With An Expert
Sears’ “Meet With An Expert” service launched in the fall of 2015, first serving home appliance shoppers. The expansion into both lawn and garden and mattress departments is the latest in a series of integrated retail innovations connecting the digital shopping world to in-store expert associates. Members can access the service several ways:
- Visit sears.com/expert-advice
- Click the “Meet with an Expert in our store” link from the merchandise product page
- Click the “Meet with an Expert” link from the details page of a nearby Sears store
In addition to scheduling a personal appointment at their preferred time, Sears’ experts will know the lawn and garden, appliance or mattress product the member is interested in, compare and contrast different models, and offer advice specific to their needs.
Members can shop whenever and wherever they need using Sears’ other free integrated retail services like Buy Online, Pickup In-store; In-Vehicle Pickup; Anyone, Anywhere Pickup; and Ship-to-Home.
Becoming a Shop Your Way member is free and easy at sears.com/shopyourway. Members can access on-the-go online shopping, rewards, exclusive sales, personal shopping and celebrity content and sweepstakes. Discover more @Sears.com.
*Item and price may vary in California.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard — among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation’s largest provider of home services, with nearly 12 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
|Brian Hanover||Kamal Bosamia|
|Sears PR||Zeno Group for Sears|
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation