Three lucky fans from countries around the world will win a pair of tickets, travel and accommodation for first studio recording which will take place inSouth Africa in July
SEATTLE, 2016-Jun-02 — /EPR Retail News/ — (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced that the first ever studio recording of the new Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May Amazon Original Series The Grand Tour will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa, in July. The pre-recorded studio section of the program will be filmed in front of a live audience, all housed within a giant tent.
To celebrate, Amazon is giving fans in countries around the world the opportunity to win one of three pairs of tickets, travel and accommodation to be part of the recording in Johannesburg. To enter, and give inspiration to Jeremy, Richard and James on potential locations for their traveling tent, customers should share a photo or video of the most unusual place they’ve ever pitched a tent via Twitter, using the hashtag #TheGrandTourJoburg. The top 10 entries shared by June 8 will be shortlisted by an Amazon Prime Video panel, and the final winners will be picked by Clarkson, Hammond and May. Complete details can be found at www.amazon.co.uk/Joburg.
“We love that Jeremy, Richard and James are touring the studio recordings of The Grand Tour, bringing this Amazon Original Series to fans around the world,” said Jay Marine, VP of Amazon Video Europe. “Given the popularity of Jeremy, Richard and James in South Africa, Johannesburg is a fantastic place to start. We’re excited to give fans the opportunity to be part of the first ever live studio audience for The Grand Tour.”
The Grand Tour will launch this fall for Amazon Prime members and the new travelling format means Amazon Video customers around the world will have the chance to be in the audience for the recordings in their country when tickets are released through sweepstakes this summer. Details of the location schedule and information on how to apply for tickets will be announced shortly. Fans can follow The Grand Tour on Facebook (www.facebook.com/thegrandtour) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/thegrandtour) and at www.amazon.com/thegrandtour to get news about the show first.
The Grand Tour joins Prime Video’s lineup of award-winning and critically-acclaimed TV shows and movies, which includes series like Mr. Robot, Downton Abbey, The Americans, Orphan Black, and Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle and kid series Tumble Leaf, and Chi-Raq. Prime members can choose to stream or download from Prime Video, to make keeping up with their new favorite shows effortless, whether on the move or at home.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf, and Chi Raq, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.