WASHINGTON, 2016-Jul-02 — /EPR Retail News/ — Shop.org today announced the addition of five new members to two-year terms on its Board of Directors and welcomed back seven members who currently serve on the board. The group will meet in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. during Shop.org’s Digital Experience Workshop in July and again in Dallas at its annual Retail’s Digital Summit in September.
“We are thrilled to welcome our new board members,” Shop.org Executive Director and NRF Senior Vice President Vicki Cantrell said. “They are all established digital leaders with unique expertise who will continue to elevate NRF’s commitment to and influence in the digital community.”
Of the board’s outgoing members, Cantrell said: “It goes without saying how fortunate we have been to have such strong leadership over the past several years from Scot Wingo, Peter Cobb, Michael Burgess, Bernardine Wu and Deepika Pandey. We look forward to their continued engagement as long-time ambassadors for the retail digital community.”
New Shop.org board members, include:
- Meyar Sheik, CEO & co-founder, Certona
- April Anderson, managing director for branded apparel and durables, Google
- Josh Friedman, vice president of digital commerce, J.C. Penney
- Alex Miller, senior vice president for digital commerce, QVC
- Sarah Veit Wallis, general manager for lifestyle, Walmart.com
Returning members serving another two-year term, include:
- Billy May, senior vice president for digital, e-commerce and corporate development, Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
- Bryon Colby, senior vice president for digital commerce, Cornerstone Brands/HSNi
- Nicolas Franchet, director of global vertical strategy, Facebook
- Sucharita Mulpuru, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester Research
- David Brussin, founder, chairman and chief product officer, Monetate Inc.
- Brad Brown, senior vice president for digital retail, Recreational Equipment Inc.
- Kevin Ertell, senior vice president for digital, Sur La Table Inc.
View the current Shop.org Board of Directors.
Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation, is the world’s leading community for digital retail, offering thought leadership through original research and gold standard events. The community is made up of exclusive networking groups and committees that lead the global conversation surrounding innovative e-commerce trends and digital retail.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy. NRF’s This is Retail campaign highlights the industry’s opportunities for life-long careers, how retailers strengthen communities, and the critical role that retail plays in driving innovation. nrf.com