PHILADELPHIA, 2016-Oct-11 — /EPR Retail News/ — Philadelphia’s new flagship Whole Foods Market location, at 2101 Pennsylvania Ave., opens on Friday, Oct. 14, with a bread-breaking ceremony and opening day festivities. The community is invited to join Whole Foods Market team members and civic leaders for the bread-breaking ceremony at 8:45 a.m., before doors open at 9 a.m.
“We are so proud to be relocating our Callowhill store in the heart of historic Philadelphia and cannot wait to share our new city vista with shoppers,” said Laurent Dallot, the store’s team leader. “We know customers will love the huge variety of in-store dining options and local products, but we’re just as proud of our everyday staples that meet the industry’s highest quality standards and offer options for every budget.”
The 62,000-square-foot store includes:
- An open style food hall with seating for 140 guests.
- Extensive hot and cold prepared foods bars, featuring seasonal dishes made in-house with local produce and the highest quality natural and organic ingredients.
- An in-store pub serving specialty cocktails, 16 local beers on tap, wine by the glass and Neapolitan pizzas and seasonal salads.
- An Allegro coffee bar, offering a full espresso, coffee and tea menu, using state-of-the-art technology—a low-profile Modbar espresso machine, the Poursteady motion control pour-over machine, and a reverse atmospheric infusion Bkon extractor for premium teas. The coffee bar is open all day and will feature unique tea and coffee inspired cocktails.
- Four in-store “luncheonette” venues run by locally based chefs/restaurateurs: Cheu Noodle Bar, Dizengoff, Severino Cucina Rustica, and Wiz Kid (the latest offering from Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby of Vedge and V Street).
- A roving cocktail cart that offers a curated selection of signature cocktails, beer by the can/bottle and wine by the glass.
The elevated and expanded grocery shopping experience at the relocated store highlights local suppliers, organic products and unique Philadelphia-inspired offerings.
Local exclusives to Whole Foods Market’s Philly Center City Store include:
- Phillthy Chai, from Golden Valley Roasters, a sustainably sourced, organic cold-brewed coffee with chai
- Local Rock the Roll’s exclusive pumpkin flavored barbecue sauce
- Brine Street Picklery’s exclusive batch “Pickled Peps,” with local banana peppers sourced through John Vena Produce and originating on Sparacio Farms in New Jersey
- A “Pilsendelphia” brew collaboration with Yards Brewing
- “Philly Pherno,” locally made provola cheese from Caputo Brothers, aged at Crown Finish Caves in Brooklyn
- High Street on Market breads, including Buckwheat Cherry and Ancient Grains varieties
Additionally, Beyond Meat’s plant-based Beyond Burger will be available for the first time to Pennsylvania shoppers.
Among the store’s more than 350 team members, shoppers will find knowledgeable experts, including trained butchers, fishmongers, scratch bakers and a team of chefs.
Giving back to the community is one of Whole Foods Market’s core values, and on opening day, Philadelphia-based Urban Tree Connection, a longtime community partner, will receive a $5,000 contribution.
Be one of the first people to join Whole Foods Market on opening day to get doorbuster savings opportunities, meet local suppliers who are on site providing samples and demos, and dine in the new food hall. Follow news about this store through social media: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Source: Whole Foods Market