NEW YORK, 2017-Jan-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market, the nation’s leading natural and organic supermarket, will open its newest and highly-anticipated Bryant Park store, located at one of New York City’s most prominent intersections at 1095 Avenue of the Americas, on Saturday, Jan. 28. Grand opening celebrations will commence with Whole Foods Market’s traditional bread-breaking ceremony at 8:45 a.m., followed by the official opening at 9 a.m.
The Bryant Park location will cater to the neighborhood’s Midtown crowd by placing a special emphasis on prepared culinary offerings from some of the city’s most beloved and recognizable chefs and producers, all set in a beautifully designed space overlooking the iconic Bryant Park.
“We couldn’t be more proud of how our team and vendor partners have continued to innovate our offerings here in New York City,” said Christina Minardi, president of Whole Foods Market’s Northeast Region. “Our culinary team has worked tirelessly to ensure this store is a premier dining destination that meets the needs of all the residents, office workers, daily commuters, and tourists who walk through our doors.”
At 43,000 square feet, the store will feature two levels of retail space that will host a full range of high-quality natural and organic goods, as well as the “News Agency,” a coffee and juice bar, which will pay homage to the look and feel of the city’s classic newsstands. The space will open prior to the general store opening each morning at 6:30 a.m. to accommodate busy commuters. The grocery store will open each day at 7:00 a.m. and close at 11:00 p.m.
The store’s culinary offerings will be headlined by noted chefs Frank Falcinelli & Frank Castronovo and will include:
- Frankies Spuntino: The Franks, of the acclaimed neighborhood destinations Frankies 457 & 570 Spuntino, will open a namesake restaurant venue featuring a selection of their Italian classics, including fresh salads, sandwiches, and their popular house-made pastas.
- Kano by Genji Sushi: Shoppers can indulge in a traditional Japanese omakase, available at various price levels, run by Genji Sushi, longstanding partners of Whole Foods Market.
- Harbor Bar: Featuring a signature menu item created exclusively in partnership with renowned Chef Daniel Boulud, this raw bar will offer oyster towers, lobster rolls and seafood-centric small plates. The bar will also offer 24 beers on tap, draft wine from Gotham Project and a full cocktail menu.
- Simit + Smith: The store will feature a cart dedicated to serving authentic Turkish-style artisanal breads from this celebrated local purveyor, including Simit, a circular, sesame-covered bread that’s soft and light on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Simit is traditionally served with feta cheese and sliced olives.
- Seed + Mill: This is Seed + Mill’s first offering with Whole Foods Market in New York City. The cart will feature a tahini mill, churning out jars of fresh, warm tahini made from premium Ethiopian seeds, and 8 to 10 flavors of handmade halva, including some vegan varieties. Seed + Mill at Bryant Park will also feature the brand’s famous tahini goat milk ice cream, topped with halva crumbles and fresh tahini.
- Quick service kiosks – The store will offer an array of freshly prepared items with a focus on quick service. Food orders can be placed through an easy-to-use digital ordering kiosk. Examples of food that can be ordered from our kiosks include: Italian Sandwiches, Nosh (featuring Jewish-style sandwiches), Hot Chicken (offering Nashville-style spicy fried chicken), and Indian-inspired Indie Bowls, created in partnership with Chef Hari Nayak.
- Pizza: The Bryant Park location will be the first Whole Foods Market in New York City to offer Detroit-style square pies with a variety of seasonal toppings.
- Toast: This venue will be placed inside the bakery department and will offer a selection of artisanal toasts such as: avocado, almond butter & jam, stone-ground mustard & mixed greens, and ricotta, berries & locally sourced Mike’s Hot Honey.
- Coffee & Espresso by Allegro Coffee: In addition to extensive hot and cold brew options offered in the store’s “News Agency” coffee and juice bar, Allegro Coffee will also offer a stand-alone espresso bar on the store’s second floor, featuring traditional espresso service
Beyond these unique culinary offerings, there are additional in-store innovations worth noting. The Produce department will feature the Produce Butcher—an onsite team member who will cut, slice, dice, julienne, chop, and grate any produce item at a shopper’s request. The Grocery department will offer a range of new locally sourced offerings from the Tri-State area’s most highly-regarded vendors, such as Sun Noodle and White Moustache. Heralded NYC-based Greek Chef Maria Loi of Loi Estiatorio will also be launching her first batch of fresh Greek dips and spreads.
The store will also boast all the features that shoppers have come to expect from Whole Foods Market: high-quality meat free of antibiotics and added hormones; sustainably sourced seafood; the finest selection of artisan-produced, hand-cut cheeses sourced locally and from around the world; a variety of local, American craft and international beers; a selection of premium personal care and beauty items in the Whole Body department; an on-site floral department, and much more.
The first 400 shoppers on opening day will receive a special edition Bryant Park tote bag. The day’s festivities will continue with giveaways, vendor samplings and tastings.
Whole Foods Market Bryant Park
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Store Hours: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Coffee & juice bar: 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
Phone Number: (917) 728-5700
Source: Whole Foods Market