All ten episodes of season two will be available globally on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories later this year
SEATTLE, 2017-Feb-17 — /EPR Retail News/ — Season two of the Amazon Original Series Hand of God will premiere on Prime Video on March 10. Prime members will be able to stream the series exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at Amazon.com/handofgod. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. Hand of God will be a global release and available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video for members to watch via the Prime Video app for popular smart TVs, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and Android and iOS phones and tablets. The show will also be available later this year on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Created and written by Ben Watkins (Burn Notice), Hand of God returns with Golden Globe winner Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy), starring as Judge Pernell Harris. The hard-living, law-bending king of San Vicente, “Judge Maximum” has finally hit bottom as he faces trial for the murder of a cop. While his visions and the ghost of his son will slowly lead Pernell through a conspiracy that is bigger than he could have imagined, they will threaten his relationship with his wife and everything he holds dear. This season, Judge Maximum must fight on two fronts—to restore his sanity and gain his freedom.
Hand of God also stars Dana Delany (Body of Proof) as the Judge’s estranged wife Crystal Harris, who is on a mission to secure her son’s legacy, Andre Royo (The Wire) as the gregarious, smart-yet-slick mayor Robert ‘Bobo’ Boston, Garret Dillahunt (Justified) as KD, the born-again sociopath whose violent tendencies are exploited by Pernell, Emayatzy Corinealdi (Roots) as Pernell’s former call girl and confidante Tessie, Alona Tal (Supernatural) as Pernell’s grieving daughter-in-law Jocelyn Harris, Julian Morris (Pretty Little Liars) as the morally questionable preacher Paul Curtis, and Elizabeth McLaughlin (Betrayal) as the preacher’s sultry girlfriend, Alicia.
This season the all-star cast is joined by Linda Gray (Dallas), Nia Long (The Best Man) and Brian Baumgartner (The Office).
Season one has an average customer rating of 4.3. Here’s what customers have been saying:
- “This was fantastic.”
- “This is an intriguing, well thought out, extremely well written and well produced show.”
- “It had me hooked from the first scene.”
- “This show truly keeps you guessing the entire time. Beautiful written, acted, and directed.”
- “Great. I watched every show in three days. Can’t wait for next season.”
- “I love the show!!! Could not stop watching, can’t wait for season two.”
- “This show was so entertaining, I couldn’t stop watching it. Love it.”
“We are excited to give Prime members the answers to the mysteries of Hand of God season one,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios. “We are hopeful that this final chapter will be a satisfying one for fans of the series.”
Watkins, Marc Forster (World War Z), Perlman, Brian Wilkins (All I See is You) and Craig Siebels (Burn Notice) are Executive Producers of Hand of God, and Jillian Kugler (World War Z) is co-Executive Producer.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership – to view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.