Fondation Louis Vuitton reveals record-breaking visitor numbers for its modern art exhibition : over 1.2 million visitors for “Icons of Modern Art – the Shchukin Collection” (22 October 2016 to 5 March 2017), hailed as most successful art show in France for 50 years.
PARIS, 2017-Mar-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris has announced record-breaking attendance figures for “Icons of Modern Art – the Shchukin Collection”, which closed its doors on Sunday 5 March 2017. The exhibition, featuring the collection of 250 paintings amassed by Russian collector Sergei Shchukin, is recognised as one of the world’s greatest collections of modern art.
A total of 1,205,063 visitors attended the show in the space of four and a half months, amounting to an average of 9,800 visitors per day since its opening. This sets a new attendance record for an art exhibition in France, making it the country’s most popular art show in 50 years.
In view of this success and in agreement with Fondation Louis Vuitton’s partners the Hermitage Museum, the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts and the Tretyakov State Gallery, the exhibition was extended by two weeks until 5 March 2017.
From Monday 27 February to Sunday 5 March, the Fondation Louis Vuitton extended its openings hours, allowing entry from 7am to 11pm every day of the week, and until 1am on Saturday 4 March. For the last weekend of the exhibition, the Fondation Louis Vuitton welcomed nearly 35,000 visitors.
- The catalogue of the exhibition, produced in co-edition with Gallimard, sold at 50,000 copies
- The mobile application of the exhibition were downloaded 273,674 times
- The website dedicated to the exhibition was visited 1,040,974 times a month, which totalled more than 4 million visits over the whole duration of the exhibition
- The video of the Lil Buck performance in the exhibition spaces, produced in collaboration with Nowness, was viewed 8,965,326 times
- The video offering a 360-degree virtual reality visit of the exhibition, made by Pierre Zandrowicz and broadcast on the Arte Creative platform, was viewed 1,200,000 times
General curator of the exhibition, director of the catalogue: Anne Baldassari
Scientific advisors: André-Marc Delocque-Fourcaud, Natasha Semenova
LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton
22, avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris – France
Tel: +33 (0)1 44 13 22 22
Fax: +33 (0)1 44 13 22 23