- Special Events Include a Grant Writing Workshop, an Ozobot Evo Demonstration and a Summer Reading Program Overview & Teacher Kit Distribution
- Educators Can Enter to Win a $1,000 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
New York, NY, 2017-Mar-31 — /EPR Retail News/ — Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Spring Educator Appreciation Days, April 1-9. Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and Barnes & Noble.com (www.BN.com) will offer pre-K-12 public, private and homeschool educators and administrators special discounts*, events, sweepstakes and giveaways during this time. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days occur several times during the year, recognizing educators and providing them with an opportunity to explore the company’s vast selection of products, learn about programs and events, as well as save money with deeper discounts.
This April’s Educator Appreciation Days special discount offerings are:
- 25% off list price on most books, gifts, music, DVDs, and toys and games for classroom and personal purchase;
- 10% off select NOOK® devices including the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 NOOK®, Samsung Galaxy Tab E NOOK® and NOOK GlowLight Plus™**;
- 10% off all Café consumables purchases;
- 10% off select tech tools; and
- $100 off the da Vinci Jr. 1.0© WiFi 3D Printer from XYZprinting, while supplies last
Also during Educator Appreciation Days at Barnes & Noble, educators can enter for a chance to win a $1,000 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Barnes & Noble is providing educators with the opportunity to enter for a chance to win one of five Barnes & Noble $1,000 Gift Cards (one per region) during this year’s April Educator Appreciation Days. For more information on how to enter, educators should contact their local Barnes & Noble store.
Plus, Barnes & Noble will kick off Educator Appreciation Days with special events including a grant writing workshop at select stores, in addition to an Ozobot Evo demonstration and a Summer Reading Program overview & teacher kit distribution at stores nationwide:
- Select Barnes & Noble stores will host special grant writing workshops that will assist educators in getting grant money for various initiatives and projects. Educators who learn how to write grants and find grant makers can create amazing programs for their classrooms and schools. Educators should visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator to find out if their local store will be hosting a grant writing workshop.
- All Barnes & Noble stores will host a special demonstration of Ozobot Evo, which will show educators how they can give children K-12 an up-close look at how learning to code can lead to custom programming. Ozobots are small, smart toy robots that empower gamers and learners to code, play, create and connect the physical and digital worlds.
- Educators will receive an overview of this year’s annual Summer Reading Program for kids in grades 1-6 at their local Barnes & Noble store, which will once again require that kids read eight books of their choosing from May 16, 2017, through September 5, 2017, record the books they read on their Summer Reading Program journal and turn it into their local Barnes & Noble store to receive a free book. Educators will also receive the teacher’s kit necessary to participate in the program, while supplies last.
Additional events for educators in stores across the country may focus on a variety of topics, including local My Favorite Teacher award ceremonies (www.BN.com/myfavoriteteacher), educational toys and games for interactive learning, and new and award-winning children’s books. Many stores will also host bookfairs and events with local authors and featured speakers on trending topics in education. Educators should contact their local store to find out what activities will take place at http://stores.barnesandnoble.com/.
The special discounts offered during Educator Appreciation Days are available to pre-K to grade 12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card Program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for their Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local stores. The application form is available in stores or it can be downloaded from the Educator Application page online.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.BN.com/Educator. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts in store. Educators can also receive the discounts online at BN.com by entering their educator number in the Membership area of the page. See any bookseller for details.
** Offer excludes the New NOOK Tablet® 7” device, NOOK Books® or other digital content and accessories for digital devices. There is also a limit of 5 devices per
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 634 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Mary Ellen Keating
Senior Vice President
Source: Barnes & Noble, Inc.