Grand Opening Celebration Events Tee Off May 6-7
PITTSBURGH, 2017-May-04 — /EPR Retail News/ — DICK’S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), the largest U.S.-based, full-line omni-channel sporting goods retailer and owner and operator of Golf Galaxy, today (May 1, 2017) announced 36 new Golf Galaxy stores officially opening this weekend with Grand Opening celebration events.
These new locations were formerly Golfsmith properties acquired by DICK’S and have been converted to Golf Galaxy stores – bringing the specialty golf retailer’s footprint to 98 locations across 33 states.
“We look forward to celebrating the grand opening of 36 new Golf Galaxy stores in 16 different states this weekend,” said Lauren Hobart, Executive Vice President & Chief Digital & Consumer Officer, DICK’S Sporting Goods. “These former Golfsmith locations will be fully restocked with the latest new golf equipment, apparel, shoes and accessories offering state-of-the-art fitting tools and dedicated golf associates. We invite former Golfsmith customers to play on at Golf Galaxy.”
Participating Golf Galaxy locations will host Grand Opening celebrations Saturday, May 6 (8 a.m. – 10 p.m.) through Sunday, May 7 (9 a.m. – 8 p.m.). More than $15,000 in prizes from top brands will be given away at each Grand Opening celebration. Customers will also be able experience other great giveaways and activities including:
- THE MILLION DOLLAR PUTT*: Customers may enter for a chance to win an Odyssey putter (1 putter winner per store) as well as an on-course experience at the 2017 DICK’S Sporting Goods Open for a chance to putt for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
- FREE MYSTERY GIFT CARD**: A FREE Mystery Gift Card will be given to the first 50 adults in line prior to each new store open on Saturday and Sunday. Every card’s a winner – one lucky winner at each location will receive a $500 gift card each morning.
- GOLF GALAXY TUNE-UP: Bring in your golf bag to receive a complimentary full assessment from the top to the bottom of your bag! Golf Galaxy will donate $20 to The First Tee for every bag evaluated. (Maximum donation of $25,000)
- COMPLIMENTARY SWING ANALYSIS: Visit our in-store GOLFTEC Training Center for a complimentary Swing Analysis. Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.(GOLFTEC Training Centers not available in our San Diego, Reading, Pasadena and Overland Park locations. See store for details.)
- LIVE HOURLY PRIZE DRAWINGS‡‡‡: Stop by to get your ticket for the chance to win prizes from top brands. Every prize valued OVER $200! Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
About DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc.
Founded in 1948, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. is a leading omni-channel sporting goods retailer offering an extensive assortment of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. As of January 28, 2017, the Company operated more than 675 DICK’S Sporting Goods locations across the United States, serving and inspiring athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through a blend of dedicated associates, in-store services and unique specialty shop-in-shops dedicated to Team Sports, Athletic Apparel, Golf, Lodge/Outdoor, Fitness and Footwear. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, DICK’S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream specialty stores, as well as DICK’S Team Sports HQ, an all-in-one youth sports digital platform offering free league management services, mobile apps for scheduling, communications and live scorekeeping, custom uniforms and FanWear and access to donations and sponsorships. DICK’S offers its products through a content-rich eCommerce platform that is integrated with its store network and provides customers with the convenience and expertise of a 24-hour storefront. For more information, visit the Press Room or Investor Relations pages at dicks.com.
DICK’S Sporting Goods
Source: DICK’S Sporting Goods Inc.