- Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant Commemorates the Day with Official Statewide Proclamation;
- Dollar General and OREO Celebrate the Flavors of the Magnolia State with Free Product with Purchase
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn., 2017-Jun-06 — /EPR Retail News/ — To celebrate Dollar General (NYSE: DG) serving as the exclusive retailer of the newest, limited-edition OREO, the company is excited to officially declare Wednesday, June 7, as Mississippi Mud Pie Day throughout the state. Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant helped commemorate the day with an official state proclamation and Dollar General is encouraging customers to enjoy #DGOREOMSMud by providing customers a complimentary package with a select purchase, June 7 only!
“Dollar General is excited to partner with OREO, Mondelez, Governor Bryant and the great state of Mississippi to celebrate Mississippi Mud Pie Day on June 7,” said Larry Gatta, Senior Vice President and General Merchandise Manager, Consumables. “We hope customers will enjoy the flavors of the Magnolia State in America’s favorite cookie and take advantage of additional digital coupon savings to receive complimentary product this week.”
Dollar General is providing customers a free package of OREO cookies with the purchase of two additional packages through its Wow! Wednesday digital coupon offer. To redeem, customers should visit www.dollargeneral.com/coupons or visit the Dollar General mobile app on smartphone devices only on Wednesday, June 7 to add the coupon to their platform, or to create a digital coupon account. Customers can then redeem the offer from June 7 through June 9 by entering their 10-digit Digital Coupon number at checkout.
The OREO Mississippi Mud Pie Flavor Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookie combines the rich chocolate flavors of Mississippi’s unofficial state dessert with America’s favorite cookie. Dollar General is the exclusive retailer of the limited-edition cookie, which is in more than 13,600 stores in 44 states while supplies last.
With approximately 465 stores throughout the state and a distribution center in Indianola, Dollar General employs more than 4,600 Mississippians.
For additional information, product photographs or items to supplement a story, please visit the Dollar General Newsroom or contact the Media Relations Department at 1-877-944-DGPR (3477) or via email at email@example.com.
- Dollar General and OREO have partnered to offer customers a new OREO Mississippi Mud Pie Flavor Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookie. The product is available exclusively at Dollar General stores now while supplies last!
- Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant signed an official proclamation declaring Wednesday, June 7, 2017 as Mississippi Mud Pie Day throughout the state.
- To celebrate, Dollar General is providing customers a Wow! Wednesday digital coupon to receive a free package of OREO cookies with the purchase of two additional packages.
- Customers must download the Wow! Wednesday offer on June 7, but may redeem it from June 7 through June 9.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for over 75 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, clothing for the family, housewares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 13,601 stores in 44 states as of May 5, 2017. In addition to high quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America’s most-trusted brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Kellogg’s, General Mills, Nabisco, Hanes, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Follow Dollar General:
Dan MacDonald, 615-855-5209
Crystal Ghassemi, 615-855-5210
Source: Dollar General Corporation