RICHMOND, Virginia, 2017-Sep-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, announced today (September 14, 2017) it is hiring to fill 50 positions for a new CarMax store in Colma, CA slated to open in November. Job applicants hired for the Colma location will be the recipients of special compensation incentives and sign-on bonuses – the largest in CarMax history for these positions.
Entry-level associates are eligible for a starting pay of up to $25/hour. Additionally, all Colma associates will receive bonus compensation of $200 on every paycheck to help with cost of living expenses – a total of more than $5,000 every year. The associates will also receive a New Store Bonus awarded semi-annually during the first two years of employment totaling $2,000.
Associates will receive the following sign-on bonuses for joining CarMax’s team:
- $3,000-$7,500 for automotive technicians (based on experience level)
- $3,000 for sales consultants and service advisors
- $1,500 for reconditioning associates
For 13 consecutive years, CarMax has been named one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® and applications are now being accepted at www.jobs.carmax.com.
The company will be hosting a job fair on September 21, 2017 at the Colma Community Center located at 1520 Hillside Boulevard. Refreshments will be served and applicants will be eligible for a raffle prize drawing for a VISA gift card.
“Experience in the automotive industry isn’t a requirement in order to work at CarMax,” said Davi Rodrigues, location general manager of CarMax in Colma. “We focus on hiring people with high integrity and the company provides award-winning training and development to help our associates build great careers.”
Who is CarMax Hiring?
- CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
- Available positions include sales, business office, and service operations positions including inventory associates, service advisors and technicians.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
- Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Macy’s.
Why Work at CarMax?
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth.
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment
- CarMax associates also receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
- CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, 15 Best Workplaces in Retail and 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, as well as one of TRAINING Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply atwww.jobs.carmax.com.
The new Colma store will be located at 401 Serramonte Boulevard and will be joining the company’s Pleasanton, Fremont, Santa Rosa and San Jose stores as CarMax’s fifth location in the Bay Area.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 175 stores in 39 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 20 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has more than 24,000 associates nationwide and for 13 consecutive years has been named as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2017, the company retailed 671,294 used cars and sold 391,686 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.