CANTON, Mass., 2017-Nov-02 — /EPR Retail News/ — The secret’s out! Baskin-Robbins’ November Flavor of the Month is Tiramisu. So naturally, Kelly German, Research & Development Senior Technologist for Baskin-Robbins, has created a Tiramisu recipe using the Tiramisu Flavor of the Month, and it is drool worthy.
Our indulgent November Flavor of The Month features Tiramisu-flavored ice cream filled with real pound cake pieces, chocolate flakes, and a decadent chocolate coffee ribbon. The chocolate flakes come from a fifth-generation family-owned business that has been around for nearly 150 years. To get that coffee taste, the flavor’s base and ribbon feature brewed coffee made from Colombian beans. Delicious!
You may be familiar with this ice cream flavor as it was inspired by the popular Italian dessert that was invented in Treviso, Italy. Now, we hope you enjoy this new spin on the classic dessert, featuring our Tiramisu ice cream!
Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Tiramisu
- 4 large shots (approximately 12 ounces) of espresso (I used espresso from a local Dunkin’ Donuts!)
- 4 ounces of Kahlua or a coffee liquor of your choice (optional)
- 24 ladyfingers
- A regular size of Baskin-Robbins fresh- packed Tiramisu ice cream
- Chocolate shell ice cream topping
- Line a rectangular 5×9 inch pan with either waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Combine the shots of espresso with Kahlua (if using).
- Dipping your ladyfingers in the coffee and Kahlua mixture first line the bottom of the lined pan with 8 dipped ladyfingers.
- Add a layer (about an inch think) of Tiramisu ice cream.
- Repeat steps (3) and (4) twice more, creating two layers each of ice cream and three layers of dipped ladyfingers, ending with the ladyfingers on the bottom.
- Freeze for three hours.
- To remove from the pan, place a piece of wax paper on the top, place hand on the wax paper covered ladyfinger layer, flip the pan upside down and run the bottom of the pan under warm water. The parchment should easily slide out at this point.
- To finish, top with chocolate shell ice cream topping and refreeze for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices, serve and enjoy!
To stay up to date on all things Baskin-Robbins, sign up for our email news alerts at news.baskinrobbins.com/alerts.
Dunkin’ Brands Media Relations