MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., 2018-Feb-08 — /EPR Retail News/ — More than 140,000 Kohl’s associates are committed to service—whether it’s in one of more than 1,100 stores nationwide, at corporate headquarters or in the community—our team is committed to making a difference.
Through our Kohl’s Volunteer Program, Kohl’s associates donate their personal time to make a difference in their local communities by volunteering with eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. In support of our associates’ volunteerism, the eligible organization will receive a $500 volunteer reward for every five associates that volunteer for each event. Since the program’s inception in 2001, Kohl’s, through the volunteer program, has donated more than $137 million in corporate grants to eligible nonprofit organizations across the country.
In 2016 alone,
- Nearly 30,000 community events organized nationwide
- 100 percent of our locations participated in the Kohl’s Volunteer Program
- Our associates contributed nearly 500,000 volunteer hours
- Approximately $24 million in corporate grants were disbursed to more than 9,000 nonprofit organizations throughout the country
Need Volunteers? Review the criteria below and visit the Benevity Causes Portal to register your organization. See below for step by step instructions on how to register.
What Are The Qualifications To Receive A Kohl’s Volunteer Program Dollar Reward?
New Criteria as of Feb 1, 2018
- A minimum of five Kohl’s associates from any Kohl’s location must volunteer, for a minimum of three consecutive hours with an eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- In support of our associates’ volunteerism, the eligible organization will receive a $500 volunteer reward (previously, known as a grant) for every five associates that volunteer for each event.
- Funds must be used to directly support the organization’s charitable purpose and the community at large.
Kohl’s cannot guarantee availability of Kohl’s volunteers for your event(s). Only organizations and events meeting specified criteria will be eligible to participate in the program and/or receive a volunteer dollar reward.
Click here for complete volunteer guidelines
- Nonprofit public charity that has a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations that engage in political activities.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age or have exclusionary practices.
- Organizations for which its tax-exempt status has been revoked by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations that intend to use Kohl’s donation for a purpose other than its charitable purpose.
To request volunteers and manage details of your event, eligible organizations should register through the Benevity Causes Portal.
Click here to Register & Activate your Benevity Causes Portal account
- Please note, if your organization itself is not a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, it may have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arm. For example, most schools do not have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status; but they can still be searched on the Causes Portal using their NCES number or name. Also, some schools are listed as Projects on their District profile to streamline donations. You may want check if there is a Parent Teacher Organizations and Booster Club, as many are 501(c)(3) nonprofits. If a PTO or Booster club accepts donations on behalf of the school, you can locate their profiles using the EIN.
Once these steps are complete, Benevity will confirm your organization’s eligibility to participate in the Kohl’s Volunteer Program as well as other Benevity client programs.
Who is Benevity?
Benevity is a software provider that powers workplace giving and other social good programs for some of the world’s greatest companies. Registering your charity at the Causes Portal makes you eligible to participate in the Kohl’s Volunteer Program and other Benevity client programs.
Benevity leads the industry in disbursing funds electronically while helping organizations receive funds reliably. Benevity Causes Portal manages all processing of donations, fund disbursement, and tax receipting and tracking.
- All Benevity Causes Portal questions should go directly to Benevity by clicking Charity Support Request within the portal or by calling 1-855-237-7875, Option 1.
- For questions regarding an upcoming local volunteer event, continue to partner with your local Kohl’s event captain(s).
- Click here for more information on how to register your charity
Do You Have A Question About The Kohl’s Volunteer Program?
Reference our frequently asked questions to find an answer.
All Benevity Causes Portal questions should go directly to Benevity by clicking Charity Support Request.
Or by calling 1-855-237-7875, Option 1
For questions regarding an upcoming local volunteer event, continue to partner with a local Kohl’s associate.