GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., 2014-8-4 — /EPR Retail News/ — It’s time to start preparing to head back to school. The Meijer Style team plans to help customers review the ABC’s of Meijer fashions.
A: Athletic influences have made their way into the season’s new fashions. Look for raglan sleeves, sweatshirt body tees and draw strings on many pieces. Banded legged pants, known as joggers, are perfect for class and casual social outings.
B: Brights are back. Bright colors of green, blue, pink, yellow and orange add newness to hoodies and kids apparel. Mix and match patterns and colors as pieces are layered this fall. Everyone has their own unique style.
C: Cozies are a must have. We can’t stop the weather from getting cooler, but we can look good as we ward off the cold with oversized cozy sweaters. Fly away cardigans are also added to the mix. Soft and warm in slub and bulky knit textures. These pieces are the on the “final exam” ….layering piece that is.
Now let’s dive a little deeper into the “Meijer Back to School Fashions” lesson by reviewing the specific “chapters.”
1. Juniors and Girls
- Jogger pants and pattern leggings. The influence of tribal prints.
- Soft and feminine. Chiffon, lace and small floral prints are highlighted. Flowing high-low hems are on shirts and skirts.
- Pajama Party. Modest, comfortable pajamas for lounging and studying.
- Patterned and pleated skirts for girls.
- Skater dresses for flair.
2. Young Men’s and Boys
- Plaid shirts for all occasions.
- Layer patterned shirts over tees.
- Hoodies in many styles: zip front, pull-over, light weight, brights and patterns….even styles with built-in head phones.
- Many options, including distressed finishes, indigo and lighter washes in boot cut or slim leg and mid and low rise. Pocket detailing is important and stretch fabrics are available.
- For dress up or casual.
4. Shoes and Accessories
- Boots galore. Ankle, riding , lace up, trooper and more. Match with leggings, joggers, skirts and jeans.
- Canvas and athletic footwear with colorful detailing.
- Slouchy hats.
- Fringed hand bags.
- Patterned back packs.
Creating a unique personal style through layering and the mixing and matching of colors and patterns will get a student to school looking and feeling good.
All the latest fashions are at Meijer and available at prices you can afford. Visit meijerstyle.com for more fashion advice.
Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 213 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. As the inventor of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer stores have evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive electronics departments, garden centers and apparel offerings. For more information on Meijer, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/meijer and @twitter.com/meijerPR or become a fan atwww.facebook.com/meijer.