The Top Employers Institute globally certifies excellence in the working conditions that employers create for their people. Castorama France received its certification for demonstrating leading HR practices across the Institute’s five key criteria:
- Remuneration and recognition
- Benefits and working conditions
- Training and professional development
- Talent management
- Managerial practices
Isabelle Evrard, Employer Brand Project Manager at Castorama France, said:
“This award confirms the effectiveness of our human resource policies, concerning employee diversity, employees’ roles as contributors to the company, free access to training and the implementation of an inclusive internal communications programme”.
Some of the HR initiatives at Castorama France include:
- Induction programmes focused on everything from company strategy and job roles to useful contacts and “Tickets Restau” (a French lunch voucher system)
- Professional development action plans developed between an employee and their manager which are fundamentally linked to the company strategy and personal progression
- The “Form’Acteur” online training portal which offers all employees the ability to manage their own training relevant to their needs
- “CastoTV”, created in 2008, is a weekly internal news programme created by and for employees broadcasting news and events from around the business
- An internal social network app, “Kissbook”, available across Kingfisher via smartphones and a website, which facilities keeping in touch with and sharing knowledge with colleagues across the Group via discussion forums
For more information about the Top Employers Award go to http://www.top-employers.com/en/companyprofiles/FR/castorama/
Castorama France is the leading home improvement retailer in France with 102 stores and 12,600 employees. Its stores are aimed at retail customers and DIYers with an emphasis on making home improvement and DIY easier.