Retailer Known for Hiring Outside the Auto Industry Accepting Applications
RICHMOND, Virginia, 2015-2-10 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, is currently hiring for the company’s first store in Gainesville, Florida. It is CarMax’s 14th store in the state of Florida.
The new store, which is more than 40,000 square-feet, is scheduled to open in May 2015 at 4185 N Main Street. Applications are now being accepted for the available positions on the retailer’s website at http://www.carmax.com/gainesville.
Who is CarMax Hiring?
- CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
- Available positions are in service operations (detailers, painters, experienced technicians), as well as customer specialists, who work with the customers from start to finish on car purchases and appraisals.
- Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Macy’s.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at http://www.carmax.com/gainesville.
- To see videos with first-hand accounts from CarMax associates, visit the YouTube page on youtube.com/carmax.
- CarMax will contact applicants and set up interviews after an initial review of applications.
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 10 consecutive years, is the nation’s largest retailer of used vehicles. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, CarMax currently operates 143 superstores in 72 markets. The CarMax consumer offer features low, no-haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used vehicles, and superior customer service. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2014, the company retailed 526,929 used cars and sold 342,576 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.