NEXT SUMMER WHEN THE DANISH ATHLETES ENTER THE MARACANA STADIUM FOR THE OLYMPIC OPENING CEREMONY, IT WILL BE IN CLOTHES FROM BESTSELLER WHO WILL PROVIDE THE ENTIRE DANISH OLYMPIC COLLECTION.
Brande, Denmark, 2015-5-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — The agreement has been made between BESTSELLER and the National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark (DIF).
The collection is developed in close collaboration with a number of top athletes. The first sketches have been presented to Louise Burgaard, Handball (Olympics 2012), René Holten Poulsen, Kayak (Olympics 2008 and 2012) and Casper U. Mortensen, Handball. In the development process the athletes give valuable input for the designers on the function of the clothes, as well as on which style the athletes wish to represent during the Olympic Games.
“In BESTSELLER we are very proud to provide the official Olympic collection to the Danish athletes. We know that the competition in Rio is tough and that every detail counts. Our focus is on delivering the coolest and most ideal collection to the athletes, so they will feel proud and comfortable and be able to focus on their optimal performances. We take on the task with the same professionalism and dedication that we experience from the athletes and we are looking forward to seeing the collection and not least the athletes in action in Rio,“ says Jesper Stubkier, Communications Responsible in BESTSELLER.
BESTSELLER also provided the Danish athletes with clothes for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012. DIF is pleased with the continued collaboration with this important and comprehensive task:
“We are very pleased that BESTSELLER wants to repeat the success and yet again dress Denmark’s athletes. We know that the company and the designers are doing everything it takes to create the best Olympic collection ever in collaboration with the athletes.
The clothes have to be both smart and comfortable for the athletes to wear, and they should also have a notable common thread, which in Rio will present a cool and ambitious Olympic team, “says Danish Olympic Chef de Mission, Morten Rodtwitt from DIF.
• The BESTSELLER brands JACK & JONES and VERO MODA will be designing and providing the clothes.
• The collaboration entails four collections types: Casual, Denmark, Reception and Opening Ceremony
• The clothes will be worn by the more than 100 Danish athletes on all occasions during the Olympics except during the actual competitions, where they will wear their own competition clothing. In addition to this, Danish coaches, trainers and officials will also be dressed in the collection.
• It is the third Summer Olympics in a row where BESTSELLER provides the Danish athletes with the Olympic collection.
• Danish Olympic fans will be able to buy parts of the collection in the months leading up to the Olympics in 2016.
• The Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro take place from 5 – 21 August 2016.
Jesper Stubkier, Communication Responsible, BESTSELLER, mobile 52 15 37 46
Casper Hollerup, Olympic Press Responsible, DIF, mobile 24 64 52 53