$1 from each patriotic service sale will benefit Canine Companions for Independence Wounded Veterans Initiative
PHOENIX, 2015-5-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — For the second year, PetSmart has launched a new line of services aimed at honoring the service and sacrifice made by the nation’s men and women in the military. Through July 5, 2015, $1 from Top Dog and other select Patriotic Grooming Packages and PetsHotel® Patriotic Treats will go to Canine Companions for Independence. PetSmart for Patriots is a joint endeavor between PetSmart and Canine Companions for Independence, in support of Canine Companions’ Wounded Veterans Initiative to help partner assistance dogs with the military veterans who need them.
“Since the launch of our partnership last year, Canine Companions for Independence has placed 25 veterans with assistance dogs of their own and helped to get an additional 33 veterans on the path to having a dog,” said Gregg Scanlon, senior vice president of Store Operations and Services. “These patriotic services, and the proceeds that are donated to Canine Companions through their sale, are just one way that PetSmart is able to say thank you to the brave men and women in our military.”
$1 from the sale of each patriotic package will go toward the Canine Companions for Independence Wounded Veterans Initiative. Patriotic products and services will be available in-store through July 5, 2015 and include:
- Patriotic Top Dog and Select Grooming Services: Choose fromselect PetSmart Grooming packages that include the option of an assortment of patriotic add-ons, including patriotic bandanas and collar charms, as well as a red (cherry), white (coconut), and blue (blueberry) signature scent.
- Yellow Ribbon Stencil: Show support with a washable temporary pet stencil. *Not available in SC, Boulder, CO & select cities in CA. Colors may vary by salon. Available to puppies 12 wks. & older.
- PetsHotel Patriotic Treats: Pet parents will have the opportunity to purchase a patriotic cookie; toy, combo, and/or summer treat time while their pet is staying in a PetSmart PetsHotel.
PetSmart for Patriots is one of several national programs PetSmart runs under its community relations program, PetSmart Gives Back. PetSmart supports organizations that make communities a better place to call home and enrich people’s lives through the power of pets. Its other programs include:
- PetSmart Promise – supports homeless families in keeping their pets
- PetSmart Paws for Hope – promotes healing through therapy dogs at hospitals
- P.U.P. (Pop Up Park) – a portable community dog park
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That’s why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets. This mission impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates, and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 53,000 associates, operate approximately 1,404 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and approximately 202 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp day care services and pet adoption services in-store. Our portfolio of digital resources for pet parents – including PetSmart.com, Pet360.com and petMD.com – offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. Through our in-store pet adoption partnership with independent nonprofit organizations, PetSmart Charities™ and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, PetSmart helps to save the lives of more than 400,000 homeless pets each year. In addition, PetSmart supports organizations that make communities a better place to call home through our philanthropy program, PetSmart Gives Back™. By giving back to the communities where we live and work, PetSmart not only celebrates the power of pets to enrich people’s lives—we live it.