WESTWOOD, Calif., 2015-9-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Ralphs Grocery Company has announced the grand re-opening of its newest remodeled store at 10861 Le Conte in Westwood Village on Friday, September 18. To celebrate, Ralphs is hosting a grand re-opening ribbon cutting on September 18 at 8 a.m. The new store at 10861 Le Conte Avenue is open 24 hours.
The remodeled Westwood Village Ralphs is approximately 93,400 square feet, including an expansion of more than 50,000 square feet to allow for a larger selection of products and services for customers. The store is the largest Ralphs in Southern California and will employ approximately 340 full- and part-time associates, including 150 newly-hired associates from the community.
In addition to providing top-quality grocery selections, the remodeled store provides a unique shopping experience, including:
- A food court-style restaurant area with cafe seating where shoppers can choose from fresh-made entrees and desserts including made-to-order burgers, handcrafted sandwiches, fresh Italian and Mexican foods, pizza, salads, sushi, desserts and more. There is also a juice bar offering natural and organic smoothies and juices.
- A sit-down wine and beer bar, called the Cork & Tap, featuring premium wines and local craft beers by the glass.
- A Murray’s Cheese Shop offering more than 175 types of cheese – including dozens of local varieties — plus a wide selection of specialty items including crackers, dried fruit, and an olive and antipasto bar.
- An expansive “wellness center,” called Live Naturally, with more than 3,500 natural items from vitamins to body care products.
- A large natural foods area offering bulk dry goods, gluten-free items and other specialty, dietary-specific items.
- A 24-hour pharmacy providing prescription services, back-to-school immunizations, adult hepatitis shots and flu shots. Free blood pressure and blood sugar testing are also available.
- A Starbucks with a seating area and free Wi-Fi.
- A “Money Shop” offering customers a wide variety of financial services, including money transfers, money orders, payroll and government check-cashing, bill payment, pre-paid debit cards, and pre-paid phones.
“We could not be more excited to celebrate the grand re-opening of our Westwood Ralphs,” said Don Jansen, Westwood store manager. “At Ralphs, we focus on friendly service and fresh products, and it will be my pleasure to show our Westwood shoppers our renovated and expanded store and all it has to offer.”
In keeping with Ralphs’ commitment to the community, the store’s grand re-opening celebration will include the presentation of a $42,000 donation to Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA. Other special grand opening events include character appearances, product giveaways and samplings, and raffle drawings throughout the weekend
Ralphs Grocery Company was founded in 1873 and currently operates 209 supermarkets from its headquarters in Los Angeles. Last year, Ralphs contributed more than $6 million to support education, hunger relief, women’s health and local nonprofit organizations in the communities served by the company’s stores. Ralphs is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE:KR), one of the nation’s largest food retailers, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more about Ralphs, please visit our web site at www.ralphs.com.
SOURCE Ralphs Grocery Company