In-Store Events Feature Craft Activity, Storytime, Giveaways, Gift Ideas and More, Adding to the Magic of Little Ones’ First Holiday; Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide Makes Gifting Easy with Solutions for Stocking Stuffers, Christmas Keepsakes and Toys for Infants at Any Stage
WAYNE, NJ, 2015-10-29 — /EPR Retail News/ — Babies“R”Us®, the nation’s leading dedicated baby products retailer, is preparing to help parents celebrate little ones’ first holiday season with a series of festive events at Babies“R”Us stores around the country. On select Saturdays in November, beginning at 11am, families are invited to take part in activities to commemorate their baby’s first Christmas, with activities such as storytime, photo opportunities, giveaways, raffles, make and take oh-so-cute “Ugly Christmas Sweaters” and more, all while mingling with other moms and dads from the local area. Additionally, event participants will receive an exclusive Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide, featuring great gifting solutions for baby on-the-grow.
CLICK TO TWEET: .@Babiesrus helps parents celebrate baby’s firsts this holiday season #BRUChristmas www.Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas
“Babies“R”Us is helping parents celebrate the season by offering opportunities for families to come together and capture once-in-a-lifetime holiday moments,” said Jennifer Knowles, Vice President Brand Marketing, Toys“R”Us, U.S. “From hosting festive events at our stores for parents and their little ones, to providing one-stop shopping with age-appropriate gift solutions, as well as special in-store boutiques filled with mementos for baby’s first holiday, Babies“R”Us is thrilled to play an integral role in helping our customers build magical memories this holiday season.”
Save the Date! Baby’s First Christmas Events at Babies“R”Us
On select Saturdays in November, Babies“R”Us will host interactive events, sponsored by Pampers®, at its stores nationwide during which infants and their parents can come together to take part in “Ugly Christmas Sweater” Gerber Onesies® bodysuit decorating, “Baby’s First” photo opportunities and storytime, as well as giveaways and raffles. While event dates are separated by child’s age (as outlined below), parents are welcome to participate on any date that works best for their family’s schedule. For more information, customers can contact their local Babies“R”Us store, or visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas.
- Saturday, November 7: Babies born December 2014; January, February, March 2015
- Saturday, November 14: Babies born April, May, June, July 2015
- Saturday, November 21: Babies born August, September, October, November 2015
Social savvy families are encouraged to share photos from the event on social media using #BRUChristmas, including their baby’s first “Ugly Christmas Sweater,” as well as all of baby’s firsts throughout the holiday season.
Additionally, Babies“R”Us is inviting parents to join an upcoming Baby’s First Christmas Twitter Party led by @MomStart on Thursday, November 5 at 2pm EST. Participants are encouraged to ask questions about the best gifts for their little ones, receive advice from baby product experts and share insights and tips for the holidays, using #BRUChristmas.
Gift Guide Offers Tips for Baby’s First Yuletide Treasures
Designed with gift-givers in mind, the Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide by Babies“R”Us is a collection of toys, activities and on-the-go items that are thoughtfully matched to every stage of baby’s first year. An expanded version of the gift guide is available online at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas, which is categorized by baby’s age, so shoppers will easily be able to find hundreds of items, from stocking stuffers to everyday necessities (perfect for parents celebrating their ‘firsts’ along with baby), which are sure to excite the little ones in their life.
Below is a selection of items featured within the 2015 Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide:
- Ages 0 to 3 months: At this age, the tiniest tots are exploring sights and sounds of their new world. Gift-givers should look for toys with interesting shapes, eye catching patterns and feel-good textures that encourage reaching and touching, such as the Bruin® Kickin’ Keys Play Gym from Toys“R”Us®, Sea Dreams Soother from Baby Einstein®, or the 3-in-1 Take Along Mobile from Tiny Love Gymini®.
- Ages 3 to 6 months: Whether it’s the Light and Move Learning Ball from VTech™, the Hug and Tug Musical Giraffe from Infantino® or the OBall™ Rattle from KidsII®, caregivers should surround little ones with music, motion and sounds that encourage their curiosity.
- Ages 6 to 9 months: Entertainers such as the Go Wild Jumperoo™ from Fisher-Price® and early activities like theDrop & Go™ Dump Truck from VTech™ are great options for keeping babies on the move safe in one spot as they play.
- Ages 9 to 12 months: From the 1-2-3 Baby Walker from Chicco® to the Laugh & Learn™ Smart Home™ from Fisher-Price®, shoppers should look for items that encourage standing and walking, taking babies to the next step – literally!
- Ages 12 months and up: The pitter patter of little feet keep mom and dad on their toes, as baby is on the move from morning to night. Consider ride-on toys such as the 2-in-1 Learn & Zoom Motorbike™ from Vtech™ which hone motor skills and encourage imagination. And equally as important, create a spot, like the Canvas Tee-Peefrom Discovery Kids™, where little ones can relax and unwind after an active day.
Babies“R”Us Sweepstakes Equips Parents for Baby’s First Year
The “Baby’s First Christmas Sweepstakes” offers participants a chance to win incredible prizes that will stock new moms and dads with everything they need for their baby’s first year. One grand prize winner will receive a $2,500 Babies“R”Us Gift Card, while other prizes include a year’s worth of diapers from Pampers and a year’s supply of baby food (excluding formula) from Gerber®. Entries will be accepted Sunday, November 1, 2015 through Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:59pm EST. Visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmasSweeps for information on how to enter.
To stay up to date with deals, promotions, and other news throughout the holidays, visit Babiesrus.com, or follow Babies“R”Us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
To download a digital copy of the Babies“R”Us Babies First Christmas Gift Guide, click here: https://toysrus.sharefile.com/d-s988c1ae9478412db
*Pampers is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. For more information about Pampers, please visit pampers.com.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 864 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam, and in more than 730 international stores and over 240 licensed stores in 38 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys at FAO.com. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 66,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus, Twitter.com/Babiesrus and Twitter.com/FAOSchwarz.
# # #
Babies“R”Us Media Contacts: