Small Businesses Want Help Getting Metrics on Track, Not Sure What to Focus on To Ensure Success, according to Staples Survey
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., 2016-1-5 — /EPR Retail News/ — Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) today announced the launch of its Quick Wins app to help small businesses succeed and grow in the New Year. The Quick Wins app offers business-specific ideas, metrics and community support in one easy-to-access place.
Most small businesses (72 percent) want assistance getting their business metrics on track, yet two in five (41 percent) are not sure what business metrics they should focus on in order to ensure their success.
Through Staples Quick Wins app, small businesses will sync their most important business metrics such as Facebook and Twitter engagement, site traffic, sales and tools such as Google Analytics and QuickBooks to pull in key financial, website and marketing metrics that can be tracked daily and weekly. Instagram and MailChimp will be available at a later date.
Based on these metrics, Quick Wins will provide business-specific ideas to grow their small business. The Quick Wins app also gives members access to a community of small business peers where they can ask questions and support each other with ideas, something most (62 percent) small businesses are interested in.
“At Staples, we have 30 years of experience helping small businesses with the products and services they need to succeed,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president North American stores and online, Staples. “We know our customers are so busy running their businesses that they don’t have the time and resources to grow. The Staples Quick Wins app will help pull key metrics together in one location, making it easy for the small business to access no matter where they are.”
To learn more about the Staples Quick Wins app visit: www.staplesquickwins.com
“Our recent small business survey found that small businesses know they should be setting goals and tracking progress, but can’t find the time or the tools to do it,” said Corcoran. “The Quick Wins app lets small businesses track their progress and helps with business-specific ideas to grow.”
The survey also found:
- A majority (62 percent) would find it useful to have a single dashboard with all of their core business metrics organized in one place for quick and easy viewing.
- More than half of all small business leaders (51 percent) admit that they do not measure and track business metrics as often as they should.
- One in three small businesses (32 percent) does not hold themselves accountable by regularly comparing marketing and financial measurements against their business goals.
- Most small business leaders (65 percent) would like easy ways to compare key financial and marketing measurements against business goals on a regular basis.
- Small business leaders are very community-minded and most (53 percent) would find advice and support from peers very useful.
- Three in five small business leaders (62 percent) are interested in participating in a community of small business leaders to exchange ideas, questions, and advice on growing a business.
The Staples Quick Wins app is the latest addition to a suite of services and products Staples offers small business customers. From the MORE account, Staples Business Loans and Staples Rewards® to Print and Marketing Services and Tech Services, Staples offers small businesses everything needed to make more happen.
To provide more context on the Quick Wins App and how mobile apps can help grow your small businesses, Staples teamed up with small business expert, Gene Marks, for an online webinar on Tuesday, January 12 at 1pm EST. To register, please visit: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/q4kdkit6oqie&eom
About the Survey
This survey of 998 small business leaders was conducted using Research Now and was live from December 10, 2015 – December 17, 2015.
Staples makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online, on mobile devices, or through the company’s innovative buy online, pick-up in store option.Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Print and Marketing Services. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. More information about Staples (SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
Kristine Houston, 508-253-8468
Carrie McElwee, 508-253-1405