New Store Marks 2nd Whole Foods Market in Milwaukee Area
Wauwatosa, WI, 2016-Jan-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market, the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket, opens its new 47,563 square foot store located at 11100 W. Burleigh Street in Wauwatosa, Wednesday, February 24, 2016. The much-anticipated store will provide residents in and around the Wauwatosa community with fresh, high quality foods in a convenient and contemporary setting.
“At Whole Foods Market, we have a deep passion for fresh, flavorful natural and organic foods and we are elated to open a store for the Wauwatosa and surrounding communities,” says Whole Foods Market Wauwatosa Store Team Leader, Ted Beres, “Whether looking for high-quality meats and poultry or everyday pantry staples, residents from the health conscious to devoted food enthusiasts will find what they’re looking for. We strongly believe that food in its purest state – free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, colorings and trans fat – is the best tasting and most nutritious food available.”
To celebrate opening day, Whole Foods Market will host its version of a ribbon cutting called a “Bread-Breaking Ceremony” with Whole Foods Market Team Members and Wauwatosa neighbors beginning at 8:45 a.m. Doors open and shopping officially begin at 9 a.m. The first 500 customers through the doors will receive a Whole Foods Market Gift Card with a mystery value between $5 and $50. One customer will receive a $500 gift card.
The Whole Foods Market experience is about the joy of eating and living well in good health. Whole Foods Market invites shoppers to touch, taste, and experiment with a wide variety of natural and organic foods free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and sweeteners. Much more than a grocery store, Whole Foods Market is a community partner, a trusted resource for nutrition and health and a community-gathering place.
On the Shelves and In the Aisles
Featuring restaurant-quality prepared foods and the convenience of one-stop shopping, the store features a number of unique and enticing elements chosen specifically with the Wauwatosa community in mind. Highlights include:
· 5-Step Rated Meat: All beef, pork, chicken and turkey in the Meat Department comes from farms that have achieved certification in the Global Animal Partnership’s 5-StepTM Animal Welfare Rating Program, providing shoppers with a new level of transparency about how farm animals are raised.
· Seafood from Sustainable Sources: The seafood counter has the highest quality standards for seafood in the business by working with scientists, fishermen, government agencies and environmental organizations such as the Marine Stewardship Council to gather information about aquaculture and wild-capture fisheries, ensuring customers can make the best environmental choices when purchasing seafood.
· Salad and Hot Bars: The Wauwatosa and surrounding communities will love the freshly prepared salads, build-your-own salad fixings and hot entrees available for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
· Panini and Pizza Venues: Customers can choose from a variety of delicious pizza and panini sandwiches for quick lunch or dinner options.
· Health Starts Here™ Program: This store will provide tools and education to help shoppers make healthier choices, including an assortment of specially crafted Health Starts Here dishes on the hot and cold food bars.
· Bulk Department: Back-to-basics pantry items for all of the Wauwatosa and surrounding communities’ cooking needs.
· Scratch Bakery: Shoppers will enjoy a wide variety of freshly baked pastries including croissants, muffins, cookies, soft pretzels and more.
Also featured at this location:
· More than 200 varieties of seasonal, organic and local produce, with a variety of hard-to-find items.
· More than 200 varieties of natural, organic and local cheeses.
· More than 50 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish, all harvested using sustainable practices.
· A large variety of custom-cut meats from in-house butchers.
· A robust and exciting selection of olives, artisanal butters and cheeses.
· A vast array of vegetarian and vegan choices.
· A large selection of luxurious natural body care items and cosmetics including bulk soaps.
· Advanced nutritional supplements and vitamins made of only natural ingredients.
· A beautiful selection of Whole Trade Guarantee fresh-cut flowers and plants.
· Essential grocery staples, including Whole Foods Market’s own 365 Everyday Value® signature line of products offering the same high standards for taste and quality at everyday low prices.
Whole Foods Market currently has two locations in Wisconsin: 2305 N. Prospect Ave in Milwaukee, and 3313 University Ave in Madison.
Whole Foods Market is hiring approximately 120 Team Members for this new location.
President – Midwest Region
Michael Bashaw’s career with Whole Foods Market started 20 years ago as a Bread and Circus Team Member in the North Atlantic Region.