Richfield, MN, 2016-Feb-16 — /EPR Retail News/ — Best Buy is looking for nonprofits and other organizations who want to partner in giving youth the opportunities to develop tech skills that will inspire future education and career choices.
Groups are invited to submit an application to host a Geek Squad Academy camp this summer.
Now in its 10th season, Geek Squad Academy from Best Buy partners with local organizations to expose students ages 10-18 to the latest technology in a fun, interactive setting. But this isn’t your average camp. When attending a Geek Squad Academy, students become “Junior Agents” and get hands-on experience with some of the newest and coolest technology.
Organizations interested in applying to be a hosting partner must meet all of the requirements below.
- Be able to recruit a minimum of 100 students and maximum of 200 students.
- Provide six classroom spaces that can each accommodate 25 students, a large gathering space such as gymnasium or auditorium, and a cafeteria or eating area.
- Ensure the facility is available for three consecutive days (preference given to locations that can accommodate a camp Tuesday through Thursday of a given week).
- Recruit a minimum of five volunteers from the organization who will be responsible for managing student behavior and facilitating smooth class-to-class transitions.
- Agree to all required contracts.
- Applications are due on Feb. 28, 2016.
- Notification of camp acceptance will be delivered March 21, 2016.
- Contracts for the event should be fully executed by May 13, 2016.
Be prepared to complete the online application in one sitting. The website does not have “save” functionality, so the details entered will disappear if the full application is not completed and submitted.
Application Link: https://academy.geeksquad.com/proposal
For more information, check out the Geek Squad Academy website.
SOURCE: Best Buy