AUSTIN, Texas, 2016-Mar-04 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) earned a spot on FORTUNE magazine’s annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list, marking the 19th consecutive year the company has received the recognition. America’s Healthiest Grocery Store™ ranked No. 75 on this year’s list, and is one of just 11 companies to make the list every year since its inception in 1998.
“This is a direct tribute to the hard-working, passionate Whole Foods Market team members who make our stores, facilities, and support offices great places to work,” said Mark Ehrnstein, global vice president of Team Member Services at Whole Foods Market. “We’re so grateful for the strong commitment to our culture and dedication to our core values that allow our business to grow and evolve in a way that truly propels our company forward.”
FORTUNE highlighted Whole Foods Market’s passion for its mission and the many employees whose personal beliefs align with this mission as a point of distinction. FORTUNE also mentions the aim for egalitarian culture for the company, as well as the unique gain-sharing plan and executive salary caps. Whole Foods Market ranked ninth overall among retailers and tenth among other companies headquartered in Texas.
Last month, Whole Foods Market once again earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list and was named the most reputable company in the food and drug store industry.
Whole Foods Market has earned a number of best workplace honors over the past year:
- Albany Times Union—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 8 for medium-sized companies
- Albuquerque Journal—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 4 for large companies
- Austin-American Statesman—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 11 for large companies
- Boston Globe—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 14 for large companies
- Dallas Morning News—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 23 for large companies
- Denver Post—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 17 for large companies
- Des Moines Register—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 68 for small companies
- Houston Chronicle—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 6 for large companies
- Oklahoman—-Top Workplaces 2015, No. 8 for large companies
- Orange County Register—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 13 for large companies
- San Antonio Express-News—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 7 for midsize companies
- San Diego Union-Tribune—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 5 for large companies
- Tampa Bay Times—Top Workplaces 2015, No. 9 for large companies
The “100 Best Companies to Work For” list and related stories appear in the next issue of FORTUNE and at www.fortune.com.
Whole Foods Market is always looking for great people who are passionate about food, the communities they live in, and making a positive impact on the environment. Anyone interested in a career at Whole Foods Market is encouraged to visit the company’s Careers page at www.wholefoodsmarket.com/careers or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wholefoodsmarketcareers.
Global Vice President of Team Member Services
Mark Ehrnstein has served as global vice president of team member services (HR) at Whole Foods Market since 2009.