HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., 2016-Jul-28 — /EPR Retail News/ — Sears has kicked off the back-to-school season with two new private label apparel lines, a new interactive in-store Sears app experience and shopping conveniences that make shopping easier, more fun with less time taken away from the last few days of summer.
With fresh, updated jeans perennially high on back-to-school shopping lists, Sears was inspired to expand its popular Roebuck & Co. line to boys and girls. Previously only available for men, the new Roebuck & Co. line includes denim, plus khaki cargo pants, long-sleeve tops and hoodies for boys, and leggings, tops and jackets for girls. Sears also introduced R1893 – a diverse women’s denim collection that features six fits and 52 washes.
“Back to school style is about having the confidence and swag to rock a logo-less tee and unbranded jacket. It’s being on trend and owning your style by making it yours. And you can seriously do that at Sears,” said Joelle Maher, president and chief member officer for Sears. “The new apparel lines will remind our members that denim is not only our heritage, it’s our passion. We believe in expertly constructed fits, rich vintage washes and serious attention to detail.”
- R1893– With a name calling back to when the Sears Roebuck name first appeared, this new women’s collection takes denim to a new level. The collection features six fits – hi-rise jeggings, girlfriend, boot, skinny, jegging, and skinny flare – with higher cotton content and fits with varying stretch, making the jeans feel buttery, yet durable, and holding in the right places. Sizes are 2-18 and range in price from $39-$49.
- Roebuck & Co.– This brand plays to Sears’ heritage and focuses on quality and value. The boys line has a classic collegiate feel, with tints of color and dry processing to give it a vintage look. The line comes in two fits – straight and slim straight, each in four washes – three denim washes and black. The girls line conveys a bohemian, free-spirited attitude and features three fits – jegging, legging jean, and boot cut, with stretch in each. The jegging comes in six washes, including black, grey, and two fashion colors (pink and turquoise); legging jeans have an elastic waistband and come in four washes/colors; and boot cut comes in two indigo washes. Denim sizes are 7-16 for girls and 8-20 for boys, with plus and husky sizing available, ranging in price from $24-$32.
Find Max and Win at Sears
Catching the wave of engaging, real-world app play, Sears teamed with the makers of the summer blockbuster “The Secret Life of Pets,” bringing the characters to the Sears app for a fun interactive game. To play the “Find Max” game, users launch the Sears app in-store then search for clues marked with a QR code. When all three QR codes are scanned, Max’s secret location is revealed, unlocking opportunities to enter sweepstakes, earn instant Shop Your Way points and more. Text “FINDMAX” to 73277 to download or update the Sears app.
Tying together Sears’ “Seriously Sears” back to school campaign is a series of digital videos that showcase Sears exciting new fashion looks for girls, boys and teens. Two spots viewable on Sears’ YouTube channel include “Chat” and “Soccer Moments.”
Offering More Deals on the Most-Wanted Back-to-School Gear
The National Retail Federation announced that frugality is top-of-mind with back-to-school shoppers this year, with 30 percent saying they will shop sales, 28 percent using more coupons, 25 percent using circulars to seek out deals, and 28 percent buying more store brands*. Sears offers many ways for members to save for back-to-school, including weekly advertised deals on sears.com/localad, via personalized digital coupons easily loaded using the Sears app, and special pricing and offers for Shop Your Way members.
Back-to-school specials and deals include:
- Take 40% off Dockers Uniforms for Kids with items starting at just $12
- Take up to 50% off back-to-school fashions for juniors like the Bongo Junior’s Mock Neck Crop Top on sale for $9.99; reg. priced at $24 PLUS take an extra 20% off with the use of an in-store and online apparel coupon when you spend $50 or more
- Save 50% on Roebuck & Co. Fashion Tops for girls 7-16 on sale for $9.99; reg. priced at $19.99
- All men’s jeans on sale –
- Save on Roebuck & Co. Young Men’s Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jeans on sale for $17.99; reg. priced at $39
- Save on Lee® Men’s Modern Series Straight Fit Jeans on sale for $32.99; reg. priced at $42
- All family athletic shoes on sale – Reebok Adult Athletic Shoes on sale for $39.99-$69.99; reg. priced at $49.99-$79.99
- Save on backpacks for the new school year on sale for $21-$48; reg. priced at $38-$60
Sears offers several conveniences to take the fuss out of shopping as parents prepare to get kids back in the groove. Personal Shopper from Shop Your Way allows members to get free personal shopping advice from experts across a broad range of product categories. Sears’ In-Vehicle Pickup service allows parents to shop online or via their mobile phone anytime and have their items brought to their car when they arrive at the store to pick them up in five minutes guaranteed. Looking for a different color or size of an item that’s not in-store? As an added convenience, Sears app users get free shipping on orders placed while in-store (when location services are enabled).
*Source: NRF 2016 Back-to-School Survey
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard — among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation’s largest provider of home services, with nearly 12 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears
- Sears starts the back-to-school season with two new private label apparel lines and a new “The Secret Life of Pets” app game
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.