SUNBURY, PA, 2016-Oct-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Weis Markets today (October 13, 2016) announced four former Food Lion units located in Millsboro, Lewes, Millville and Rehoboth Beach, DE, and one unit in Easton, MD will reopen as Weis Markets’ stores this Friday, October 14 at 7:00 a.m. As part of the conversion, the stores will offer an enhanced shopping experience with improved variety in every department.
Weis Markets improvements and enhancements include:
- Double coupons
- Increased selection of organic, natural and gluten free items
- 300 additional produce items including fresh-cut fruit and organic produce
- An upgraded loyalty program and a Thanksgiving rewards program offering a free turkey, ham or discount at the register
- Best in class private label products offering brand name quality for less
- Fresh, hand-rolled sushi prepared in-store
- Certified Angus Beef® with available custom cutting
- An expanded selection of deli salads and takeout meals
“Our store teams converted these locations in less than one week to minimize the inconvenience to our new customers. Our new stores will offer an enhanced shopping experience with a strong focus on service and freshness,” said Kurt Schertle, Weis Markets Chief Operating Officer. “We are also pleased to welcome more than 300 former Food Lion associates to our company.”
About Weis Markets
Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 190 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets.
1000 South Second Street
PO Box 471
Sunbury, Pennsylvania 17801
Source: Weis Markets, Inc.