Solna, Sweden, 2016-Dec-14 — /EPR Retail News/ — ICA Gruppen’s board of directors has adopted the company’s strategic priorities for 2017. The priorities are designed to promote continued profitable growth and facilitate cooperation and synergies between various operations in ICA Gruppen.
ICA Gruppen has five long-term strategic themes that set the direction for the Group’s operations: customer experience, brand and loyalty, simplicity, employees, and sustainability.
In addition to these long-term themes, every year a number of more short-term joint priorities are identified. These are intended to promote continued profitable growth for ICA Gruppen and facilitate cooperation and synergies between the various operations. Goals are set for the strategic priorities and are followed up.
Two of the priorities for 2017 are new, and a few have been adjusted to opportunities and challenges in the coming years.
ICA Gruppen’s strategic priorities for 2017 can be summarised in the ten points:
- Ensure competitive pricing and fair price competition
- Implement new strategies with strengthen customer offerings for non-food, Hemtex and ICA Bank
- Build a leading omni-channel offering across businesses and platforms
- Strengthen store network and concepts with focus on urban areas, convenience and health (new)
- Further strengthen our position in the Baltics
- Develop leading CRM and leverage the common Swedish loyalty programme
- Drive reliability and efficiency throughout the value chain with focus on logistics and store operations
- Improve speed and project delivery through new ways of working
- Improve performance management process and change ability (new)
- Drive sustainable customer choices and climate-smart operations
This information is such that ICA Gruppen is obligated to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08:45 CET on Wednesday, 14 December 2016.
ICA Gruppen press service
Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52
Source: ICA Gruppen