ROCHESTER, NY, 2017-Feb-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — This Valentine’s Day, all you need are the sweet words – Wegmans Food Markets has everything else to help make the day a memorable one. Whether that special someone in your life has a love for fresh flowers or prefers the gesture of a homemade meal, Wegmans has you covered.
Say it with Flowers
Bring your words to life with fresh flowers to show your Valentine exactly how you feel. From roses and tulips, to bouquets and specially trained heart-shaped orchids, Wegmans floral department has something for everyone.
- Roses. Wegmans’ roses are grown in Colombia and Ecuador, where proximity to the equator provides premium temperatures and sunlight for cultivating vibrant roses. Wegmans’ grower partner Passion Growers ships the roses direct from their farm to Wegmans stores, arriving in just seven days to provide customers with fresh, long-lasting flowers. Roses by the dozen are available in a variety of colors, starting at $20.
- Tulips. While roses tend to steal the spotlight on Valentine’s Day, tulips should not be overlooked. Known to symbolize perfect love, tulips come in an array of vivid colors to brighten anyone’s day. Grown at East Coast farms near our stores, Wegmans tulips are a budget-friendly option at just $6 for 10 stems.
- Signature arrangements and bouquets. If you’re looking for variety, Wegmans’ signature arrangements and bouquets are the perfect choice. Wegmans’ 40-stem, hand-tied bouquet of seasonal flowers, like red alstroemeria, hot pink dianthus, and assorted chrysanthemums, is a great value for $30. The Wegmans floral team has also designed a variety of signature arrangements featuring unique containers, fun accents, and natural elements that reflect the season, ranging from $12 – $75.
- Valentine Orchid. Specifically grown for Valentine’s Day, the five-inch Valentine Orchid features two orchid stems trained on reeds to grow and bloom in the shape of a heart, a process that takes a couple years. The heart-shaped orchid sells for $29.99.
Made with Love
A quiet, romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at home doesn’t have to mean hours of preparation. Look no further than Wegmans’ chef-developed line of delicious, fresh, ready-to-cook meals, featuring a variety of savory options for any palate. Pull out all the stops with this Valentine’s Day-inspired menu:
- Appetizers. Indulge your love for cheese with the newest, perfectly ripened cheeses from the Wegmans cheese caves. A creamy camembert, Hudson Valley Jewel offers a satisfyingly dense texture and lingering mushroom notes, while Winter in Italy is a creamy soft-ripened cheese washed with a juniper berry extract for mellow grassy and herbal hints. Add a holiday-inspired twist to your first course with a Valentine sushi roll – a spicy tuna roll topped with tuna nigiri and shaped like hearts.
- Main Course. Preparing the main course has never been easier with Wegmans Ready-to-Cook Beef Wellington – tenderloin steak topped with rich, flavorful mushroom duxelle and wrapped in a flaky pastry crust – pair with Ready-to-Cook Seasoned Lobster Tails for the perfect surf and turf. Fresh Cut Asparagus completes the main course.
- Dessert. Chocolate-dipped strawberries make the perfect ending to your Valentine’s Day meal.
Let Wegmans be your one-stop-shop this Valentine’s Day with everything you need to make your holiday memorable. Visit www.wegmans.com or your local store for more EZ meal ideas and the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 92-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family-owned company, recognized as an industry leader and innovator, celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 19 consecutive years, ranking #4 in 2016.
Tracy Van Auker
Wegmans Media Relations Coordinator
Source: Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.