- Wendy’s® arrived in Kansas City the fifth stop on the Drive to the Final Four for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Midwest Regional
KANSAS CITY, Mo., 2017-Mar-24 — /EPR Retail News/ — Wendy’s® has arrived in Kansas City for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Midwest Regional, the fifth stop on the Drive to the Final Four.
Traveling 1,100+miles cross-country may seem like lot of effort to catch tip-off, but when you are truly committed, no amount of effort is unreasonable. Like NCAA fans, Wendy’s is dedicated to going the distance – and we’re not just talking about the Drive to the Final Four road trip, but also serving fresh, never frozen beef.
This Thursday, you can find Wendy’s, the Official Hamburger of the NCAA, tailgating at the NCAA Men’s Basketball Midwest Regional. Wendy’s Food Truck will be serving free samples of fresh, never frozen cheeseburgers and fans will have a chance to win Unreasonable Upgrades and participate in fresh experiences like sinking their Beat-the-Clock shot and being captured in a Don’t Get Frozen in the Moment slow motion video. Details included below.
What: Wendy’s Drive to the Final Four Road Trip, Tailgate Stop at 2017 NCAA Men’s Basketball Midwest Regional
Where: Sprint Center, 1407 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
When: Thursday, March 23, from 3 PM – 7 PM
Saturday, March 25, from 2 PM – 5 PM, or 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM*
*Times subject to change per tournament schedule
- Wendy’s Food Truck Sampling: Serving free samples of fresh, never frozen cheeseburgers and Frosty® treats
- Game of B.E.E.F.: Fans will have a chance to meet YouTube star Trey Kennedy, and play a round of B.E.E.F. for a chance to win Unreasonable Upgrades, like gift cards and upgraded game tickets to regional tournaments
- Beat-the-Clock Shot: Putting 3 seconds on the clock, fans are given a chance to beat the buzzer and sink a basket
- Don’t Get Frozen in the Moment Photo Opp: Showing off their game-winning shot, fans will be recorded in slow motion and they can share it on social media
- Fresh, Never-Frozen Wendy’s Bracket: Making game-time decisions before tip-off, fans can learn more about our one-of-a-kind bracket builder on Twitter
- Fresh Beef Filter: Unlocking a unique snapcode, consumers can share their experience with a Fresh filter
**Assets available upon request.**
- Fresh beef available in the contiguous U.S., Alaska and Canada
About The Wendy’s Company
The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger restaurant chain. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 restaurants in 30 countries and U.S. territories. For more information, visit www.aboutwendys.com.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a diverse association of more than 1,100 member colleges and universities that prioritize academics, well-being and fairness to create greater opportunities for nearly half a million student-athletes each year. The NCAA provides a pathway to higher education and beyond for student-athletes pursuing academic goals and competing in NCAA sports. More than 54,000 student-athletes experience the pinnacle of intercollegiate athletics by competing in NCAA championships each year. Visit ncaa.org and ncaa.com for more details about the Association and the corporate partnerships that support the NCAA and its student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola as official corporate champions and the following elite companies as official corporate partners: Allstate, Amazon Echo, Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe’s, Marriott International, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Pizza Hut, Reese’s, Unilever and Wendy’s.
SOURCE: The Wendy’s Company