Holiday wine list curated by in-house Master Sommelier
AUSTIN, Texas, 2017-Nov-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market today announced its annual Sommelier Best in Class Holiday Wines for the holiday season. Devon Broglie, Master Sommelier, selected 10 wines to pair exceptionally well with the flavors and celebrations of the season. These carefully chosen bottles offer delicious, foolproof choices for shoppers at less than $20 a bottle.
Among this year’s most interesting bottles is a dry Riesling from Empire Estate in upstate New York for $19.99, marking the first time a wine from the Finger Lakes region has been available nationwide. Another notable wine comes from the Vajra family of Barolo, who crafted Monterustico Bianco to highlight the regional style in a contemporary manner and at a fantastic price, $14.99.
“We’re excited to introduce this latest selection of holiday wines from prestigious producers from around the world,” said Broglie. “Our team put in the hard work so customers can avoid stress, spend more time enjoying friends and family, and toast to the holidays. These winter picks pair beautifully with Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas prime rib, and even with brunch in pajamas and college bowl games.”
Whole Foods Market is the only national grocery retailer with a Master Sommelier, and Broglie is one of only 236 people in the world to hold the title. The Sommelier Best in Class Holiday Wines include:
- El Terrano Tempranillo (Toledo, Spain)
- Holy Snail Touraine Sauvignon Blanc (Loire Valley, France)
- Monterustico Langhe Bianco (Piedmonte, Italy)
- DeMorgenzon DMZ Chardonnay (Western Cape, South Africa)
- Empire Estate Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (New York)
- Banshee Sonoma Pinot Noir (Sonoma County, California)
- Domaine de Petroni Corse Red (Corsica, France)
- The Federalist Bourbon Barrel-Aged Zinfandel (Mendocino County, California)
- Undaunted Columbia Valley Malbec (Columbia, Washington)
- Criterion Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon (Coonawarra, Australia)
Whole Foods Market’s expert wine buyers have also found sparklers for every occasion and budget, including grower Champagne and domestic sparkling wines fit for any celebration:
- Jacques Bardelot Champagne Brut – a Champagne perfect for Veuve Clicquot fans
- Mionetto Presto Prosecco – Sparkling Italian grapes at their finest in the festive 1.5L magnum size
- Madame Liberte Brut Sparkling – great American sparkling wine for the price
- J. Lassalle Champagne Brut Premier Cru – this grower champagne is a step above mass-market Champagnes
- Camino Calixo Cava – everything a Spanish cava can be and it also makes a great mimosa
These fine wines will be featured at all Whole Foods Market stores throughout the winter holidays.
SOURCE: Whole Foods Market