Mobile App and Website Enhance Shopper Experience, Offer Special Discounts and Savings, and Make it Simple to Register and Shop for Gifts
MILWAUKEE, 2018-Jan-16 — /EPR Retail News/ — The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (OTCQX:BONT), which operates Bon-Ton, Boston Store, Bergner’s, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers stores, announces its new updated Gift Registry just in time for the busiest wedding planning month of the year.
With more than a million couples registering for wedding gifts annually, Bon-Ton aims to capture couples through its mobile-first online experience with all the tips and tools needed to make registering for gifts easy and fun for couples. From the mobile app or website, couples can easily start a registry, select gifts or scan items at the store using their smart phone. With the average couple selecting more than 130 items for their registry, Bon-Tonalso developed new features to help users easily manage, modify and track gifts, as well as view purchased gifts, record thank you notes and more. The social-friendly gift registry enables couples to share it with family and friends by email or on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest with just the click of a button.
“Bon-Ton’s Gift Registry will provide couples and their guests with a great new digital experience that makes registering and buying gifts from Bon-Ton much easier,” commented Chad Stauffer, President of Merchandising and Marketing for The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. “With our extensive merchandise assortment and quality brands, couples will find everything they need for their new life together.”
Bon-Ton’s Gift Registry has many benefits for the bride and groom and for guests purchasing gifts for the couple:
- New: Free pair of coffee mugs when couples create and scan their registry in any store.
- 5% Back Registry Gift Rewards: Couples receive a Bon-Ton gift card for 5% of gifts purchased by guests on the couple’s gift registry to be used in store or online. The national gift registry average is $5,000 which would equate to a $250 free gift card. Any items purchased within 60 days of their wedding date counts toward the 5% cash back.
- New: 20% off Newlywed Savings coupon – Couples receive 20% off regular and sale priced items that remain on their registry after the wedding.
- New: Complimentary invitation enclosure cards to inform guests where couple are registered with a 20% off item coupon for guests to purchase on the registry.
- New: Free online shipping on gifts $49 and over.
Couples who register with Bon-Ton from January 11 through February 9, with a gift value of $2,000 or more, will be entered in to the “30 Days of Giveaways Sweepstakes” for more than $4,500 in total merchandise prizes. Thirty winners will be selected at random among all qualifying registries to win one of 30 different merchandise products. No purchase is necessary.
About The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., with corporate headquarters in York, Pennsylvania and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, operates 260 stores, which includes 9 furniture galleries and four clearance centers, in 24 states in the Northeast, Midwest and upper Great Plains under the Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers nameplates. The stores offer a broad assortment of national and private brand fashion apparel and accessories for women, men and children, as well as cosmetics and home furnishings. The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. is an active and positive participant in the communities it serves. For store locations and information visit bonton.com. Join the conversation and be inspired by following Bon-Ton on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Source: The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc./globenewswire