ROCHESTER, NY, 2014-9-17— /EPR Retail News/ — Wegmans launches the fall issue of Wegmans Menu Magazine with a two-day recipe and product sampling event, September 20-21, 2014
WHO: Wegmans customers and members of the media are invited.
WHAT: A two-day recipe and product sampling event to launch the fall issue of Wegmans Menu Magazine , including balloons, music, Italian flags, cooking technique demos and a Parmigiano-Reggiano wheel cracking. Customers can also enter a drawing to win a ‘Fall Italian Pantry’ gift bag filled with products to help bring Mediterranean-fresh meals to the family table.< Recipe and product samples are offered in a variety of departments. To name some of them,
- Wegmans new Organic Greek Yogurt in the vestibule
- The Vegetable Rustica Platter in produce
- Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake in the bakery
- Sunday Sauce in the meat department
- Salmon with Basil Pesto Sauce paired with Tuscan Roasted Cauliflower in the seafood department
- Cheese & Spinach Ravioli Diavolo in the dairy section
- Polpette with Grandma’s Pomodoro Sauce in frozen foods
WHEN: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 20 and Sunday, September 21
Chef-led cooking demos include vegetable roasting at 11:00 a.m. both days in the produce department and meat braising at 11:30 a.m. both days in the meat department. For an additional crowd-pleaser, a giant wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano will be cracked open at 1:00 p.m. in the cheese shop on Saturday.
WHERE: All Wegmans Food Market locations.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is an 84-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family-owned company, founded in 1916, is recognized as an industry leader and innovator. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 17 consecutive years. In 2014, Wegmans ranked #12 on the list.