“Baby’s First Christmas” In-Store Events to Feature Too-Cute Activities for Babies, Plus Giveaways and Gift Suggestions to Make the Season Merry; #BRUChristmas Sweepstakes Provides an Opportunity to Win Prizes, Including a $2,500 Babies“R”Us Gift Card
WAYNE, NJ, 2014-11-6— /EPR Retail News/ — Babies“R”Us®, the nation’s leading dedicated baby products retailer, is helping parents celebrate their little ones’ very first holiday season with a special series of “Baby’s First Christmas” in-store events. On select Saturdays in November, from 10 to 11am, Babies“R”Us stores across the country will welcome new parents and their babies to take part in adorable activities to commemorate this memorable milestone, including playful storytime, photo opportunities and make-and-take ornament crafting. Attendees will receive the all-new Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide, which features a curated assortment of more than 50 items sorted by a baby’s age range and developmental stage. Those who attend the one-hour events will also have the opportunity to enjoy giveaways and win raffle prizes from top baby product manufacturers, while meeting and greeting with other moms and dads in their local area.
“At Babies“R”Us, we know just how important it is to celebrate a baby’s first Christmas and the immeasurable joy parents feel as they revel in each special moment, from watching their child open their first holiday gift to dressing them up in festive attire,” said Jennifer Knowles, Vice President, Marketing, Babies“R”Us, U.S. “From offering assistance in picking the perfect present and hosting fun activities, to providing exciting opportunities to win prizes in-store and online, our mission is to serve as a welcoming destination where moms and dads – and their little ones – can come together to share in the joy of their babies’ first holiday season.”
Experience “Baby’s First Christmas” with In-Store Events and a Special Twitter Party
To identify which of the three “Baby’s First Christmas” events parents may wish to attend with their first-year child, below is an age-specific outline. If parents are unable to attend the event dedicated to their baby’s birth month, they’re welcome to join another event date that works best for their family. For more information, customers can contact their local Babies“R”Us store or visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas:
- Saturday, November 8: Babies born in December 2013; January, February and March 2014
- Saturday, November 15: Babies born in April, May, June and July 2014
- Saturday, November 22: Babies born in August, September, October and November 2014
Babies“R”Us is also inviting moms and dads to celebrate their babies’ first holiday by participating in an upcoming “Baby’s First Christmas” Twitter Party. Those who follow @BabiesRUs on Twitter can join the conversation on Tuesday, November 11 at 9pm EST, during a chat led by @CoolMomPicks, using the hashtag #FirstHoliday. Participants can ask questions, receive expert advice, and share their own insights and tips for the holidays as part of the online celebrations.
Introducing a Stage-Specific Holiday Shopping Guide from THE Baby Product Experts
The product experts at Babies“R”Us have launched The Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide to arm new parents and gift-givers with valuable information and targeted recommendations to help them be a holiday hero. An expanded version ofthe gift guide, can be viewed online at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas, which segments gift ideas by baby’s age so shoppers can easily identify playthings and other must-haves that will excite and delight them without leaving them frustrated.
- Ages newborn-3 months: Whether it’s the Rainforest™ Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym™ from Fisher-Price® or theSea Dreams Soother from Baby Einstein®, shoppers should look for toys that encourage touching and have eye-catching patterns, as little ones benefit from connecting with the world and all its new sights, sounds and textures.
- Ages 3-6 months: Reward baby’s curiosity with music, motion, sounds and bathtime fun with products like theExerSaucer© Triple Fun World Explorer Plus from Evenflo® and the Super Scoop & Organizer from Brica. Add a teether or two to soothe tender gums.
- Ages 6-9 months: With baby enjoying improved hand-eye coordination, blocks and balls will go a long way, including the Laugh & Learn Home Playset from Fisher-Price® and the Bright Starts™ Having a Ball!™ Hide & Spin Monkey™ from Kids II®, as well as a jumper for energetic little legs.
- Ages 9-12 months: From Giggly Gears™ Twirltable™ from Little Tikes® to MINNIE MOUSE Musical Touch ‘n Crawlfrom Fisher-Price®, gifts that encourage standing, walking and even language development through songs and rhymes are sure to be a hit.
- Ages 12 months and up: Little explorers are on-the-go and ready for fun ride-ons such as the Y Glider 3-in-1 fromYvolution™ and toys that surprise, with lots of buttons and moveable parts like the Alphabet Activity Cube from Vtech®.
With this broad assortment, gift-givers are sure to find something to put under the tree that will elicit smiles from babies and parents alike. Aside from the handpicked toy selection, the gift guide also highlights mealtime and on-the-go product suggestions, as well as unique keepsakes and picture-perfect holiday outfits. The products range from nostalgic gifts, such as My Baby’s First Christmas Bib from Koala Kids, to big-ticket items including the 4Ever™ 4-in-1 Car Seat from Graco®.
Introducing the #BRUChristmas Sweepstakes, Sure to Spread Holiday Cheer
To get shoppers into the spirit of the season, Babies“R”Us has launched a “Baby’s First Christmas” Sweepstakes, which customers can enter now through Wednesday, November 26 at 11:59pm EST, for the chance to win amazing prizes. One grand prize winner will receive a $2,500 Babies“R”Us gift card, while the other prizes include a year’s worth of baby food from Gerber® and a year’s supply of diapers from Huggies®. Following are three available methods to enter the sweepstakes:
- Online: Visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas to enter and view full contest rules and details.
- Mobile: Text FIRST to 72229*.
- Twitter or Instagram: Parents can share a photo on Twitter or Instagram (@BabiesRUs) of their babies’ celebrating their first holiday season using the hashtags #BRUChristmas and #Sweeps. Full contest rules and details can be found at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas.
“Baby’s First Christmas” In-Store Boutique Helps Shoppers Celebrate the Season
Customers can browse a dedicated “Baby’s First Christmas” shop in Babies“R”Us stores nationwide, featuring nearly 200 items for little ones this holiday season. The shop is stocked with a variety of festive items, including holiday-themed clothing, plush toys, gingerbread house kits, tree decorations, Santa hats and stockings.
*Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP to 72229 for help. Text STOP to 72229 to end. For mobile terms and conditions, visit Babiesrus.com/mobile.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 878 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 705 international stores and over 190 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites includingToysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrusand Twitter.com/Babiesrus.